Warhorse @ Gamescom 2015

I sadly won’t be visiting gamescom this year, but can hopefully meet the team at next years e3 or some other event.

not really sorry. Isn’t there any bar on the gamescom-area? Otherwise the Cologne Beach Club doesn’t seems to be to far away, but I have never been there (Google maps)

My Girlfriend was there once, she said its nice, but its a kind of beachbar… so, if weather is nice it will be nice, if weather is bad it will be worse… :smiley: and i don´t know if it a good idea to go to somewhere directly nera gamescom, it will be very full. maybe some irish pub? Jameson Pub, Corconian irish Pub or Barney Valleys Pub?I dont know if they are good or not.

me neither…anyone from colone with Hands on experience?

beside that the interest in such a Party doesn’t seem to be that big… and as I can’t say for sure that I will be able to come… I don’t know it it is reasonable to organize such a Meeting if nobody is interested (apart us of course :slight_smile: )

1 Like

they are some people interested in this :smiley:

Yes there are. :blush:
I’m not good at planning and neither at partying … Irish Pub sounds good, though, the Jameson Pub looks very nice from the pictures.

Another thing:

There is one of Europe’s biggest open-air museums in the surroundings of Köln. You get there with the train, but should allow for some time, since you need at least two hours to walk around and have a quick look, more if you want to look a bit closer :wink:
It’s not entirely medieval, but there are houses built in 16th century, so it will be certainly interesting.

Web Page Open Air Museum
A short description in english

I will go there either Thursday or Saturday. If anyone is there and has some time to spend outside of the gamescom, I would be very glad to have some company :octopus:

I also would like to pay a visit to this beautiful Renaissance castle:

The museum looks nice, but it seems very far away… :frowning:
So I think its not a good idea for this meeting. Jameson Pub is most far away from cologne main train station (HBF), Corconian irish Pub or Barney Valleys Pub are in the same area, not far away from each other and its easy to get there from the train station. Jameson Pub is also not far away, but the other two are way more easy to go to.

Yes, it’s about 1:40 to get there. It’s not suited for meeting, of course, just if someone has this day to spend.
I’ll still go there at Thursday. All alone, probably :disappointed:

Pub: What about Anno Pief? Looks like it’s just over the bridge from Gamescom.

The museum looks realy nice, I would go there, but I am on gamescom on Thursday :wink:

Anno Pief looks really nice, like a typical cologne pub and less as a tourist trap. I will try to phone with them.

Edit:
Jameson Pub will be full on saturday at gamescom, no room for a group like us. Corconian pub sais they don´t make reservations, we could come. When there is still room, it would be fine, if not… then not. Barney Valleys can not tell anything yet, they ask if I could ask tomorrow. Similar with Anno Pief, I could not speak with this guys, because no one answers the phone.

I already see us strolling through the dark streets, getting lost in Cologne while searching for a pub that can beer with us :grin:

2 Likes

How will we communicate? About where to meet and stuff?

I try to get some place as fast as I can. And I think we will communicate every way we can. I am not warhorse, but I think at least Tobi could make a twitter news if we have a place. And Maybe Warhorse Twitter will repeat this. Maybe also on Warhorse Homepage news. I also will post some news in this thread here, and you even could ask me at the warhorse booth on gamescom. I am that guy that looks like my avatar. :smile:

I have found some other nice pubs.

E N G L I S H

IMPORTANT, TAVERN CHANGE:

AND… we have a place :blush:
We can meet at tavern “Em Hähnche” in the east of Cologne, Olpener Straße 873. Do not exchange it with tavern “Em Hähnche” at Christophstraße 7A! There two different Taverns in Cologne with same name!
You can easy get there by using subway-line 1 on station “Brück Mauspfad”.
Subway-line 1 drives also near Gamescom station “Köln Deutz/LANXESS Arena”.
I have told the innkeeper we could be around 20 people, probably less, maybe more, on
saturday evening around 9pm

I think its a really good place for a community meeting like that :smiley:

Reserved is for “Gamescom”

G E R M A N

WICHTIG, KNEIPENWECHSEL:

UND… wir haben einen Ort :blush:
Wir können uns bei der Kneipe “Em Hähnche” im Osten von Köln, Olpener Straße 873 treffen. Nicht zu verwechseln mit der Kneipe “Em Hähnche” Christophstraße 7A! Das sind zwei unterschiedliche Kneipen in Köln die beide den gleichen Namen tragen.
Es ist recht einfach dort hin zu kommen mit der U-Bahnlinie 1 die an der Station “Brück Mauspfad” hält.
Die U-Bahnlinie 1 fährt außerdem an der Station der Gamescom vorbei “Köln Deutz/LANXESS Arena”.
Ich habe dem Wirt gesagt das wir so um die 20 Leute sein könnten, vermutlich weniger, vielleicht aber auch mehr. Am Samstag so gegen 21 Uhr.

Ich denke das es wirklich guter Platz ist um unser Community treffen abzuhalten :smiley:

Reserviert ist für “Gamescom”.

2 Likes

I’m on my way to Cologne today. I don’t know how much I’ll be doing today, but tomorrow I’ll be strolling around, I guess. I’ll also be around the Warhorse Booth at hall 10.1 B031. Probably most of the time on Wednesday (might do a quick check in the morning what’s presented and organize interviews) and part-time on Thursday and Friday… hmmm… how do I look like: short brown hedgehoggy* hair, chin-beard and wearing glasses, probably with a white KCD cap (then you don’t see the hedgehoggy hair of mine) and I might wear one of the following shirts: Aperture University, Warhorse Studios, Beep, Radio Corax, LeChuck’s Traditionally Crafted Grog.

*hedgehoggy: a word I made up to describe the German word “igelig” :smiley:

Okay, I have talked now with @TobiTobsen, he said, on Saturday evening most people from Warhorse are already on the way back to Prague. Only he and @WH_JiriRydl will be there.
Even Friday could be difficult for them, because they have to pack all their stuff. If we want to meet more Warhorse members we have to put the meeting on wednesday. What do you say as community members? Should we try to make the party on wednesday, or is saturday with Tobi and JR just fine?

Do as you like. I don’t think there are many community members in Cologne on Wednesday, since it’s not a public day for the Gamescom. It depends on how many are going to travel to Cologne for more than just one day and most likely people will stay over the weekend than during the week.

So for me it doesn’t matter, I’ll be there.

1 Like

Yeah, thats my thought exactly. I also think saturday will be better, even with less warhorse members.

@warhorse
Will there be an improved (maybe bugfixed) version of Alpha 0.4 at the Gamescom?
And later on steam for everyone?

I’ll arrive at Wednesday.
So why don’t we make a little meeting at Wednesday with everyone who is already there … and Warhorse, if it’s possible (would be totally amazing :grin: ) and one at Saturday with everyone who’s still there?

1 Like