Warhorse's treatment of early backers

lol, i’m sure they would if they could. didn’t stop to think that this might be because of technical reasons?

gog fanboys are so god damn salty…

4 Likes

Lets not berate the person - we are all adults or at least reasonable people here.

2 Likes

I recieved an email like 3 months asking if I wanted to change my platform from my original selection… so they did give you that opinion.

1 Like

How long is it since it was announced that it was comming to GoG?

I didn’t receive an email asking me if I wanted to change my selection. I received exactly 4: welcoming me to the Warhorse eco system, an email for activating my account, an email confirming my order/support, an email welcoming me to this forum.

1 Like

Actually, a lot of people had the same issue, did u try to contact right to their mail or from this forum?

You pledged on KS but got email something went wrong?

Made account no comfirmation email

The problem may be that GOG, not WH owns the GOG keys and they are in GOG’s possession. WH can not just say sorry GOG we need those back!

Could you have predicted the future and know that a GOG version would become available?

WH can not predict the future either.

The deal with GOG is probably with Deep Silver anyway.

There is really not anything here that WH has done wrong IMO.

SJW tears is all I see here!

3 Likes

So because you got an email providing that option everyone did?
This entire situation is a bit of a mess that imho could have been softened a bit by a detailed explanation instead of abrupt ones such as simply “No” and "Not possible, etc.

1 Like

its not warhorses fault, they cant do anything about it it seems like
maybe it would be better if there was no gog version at all then we wouldnt have this controversy
there was never the plan to release it on gog too but they did because some people wished for it.
you knew what you’ve backed for and that it was a steam download or physical copy

If you ordered the game for a system you don’t want its your fault. Not Warhorse’s!

We don’t need to attack the guy - adding SJW tears is all i see here isn’t really necessary.

2 Likes

This entire topic is unnecessary!

2 Likes

So you want a key for GoG? Could be ‘fair’ I guess.

You know you have to wait till the end of the month to actually play the game right?
The gog game launches later then the other versions/platforms.
And before you start, it might not have Warhorse’s fault for this delay. And they couldnt have bothered to release on gog at all.

And I think you are stepping way out of line. Because you have backed a project 4 years ago, that could have easily been cancelled, and now you are upset because its not on the release platform you want. But actually is the platform you want, since its Windows PC. You start ranting on the forums?

7 Likes

I’m aware that it is my fault that I supported them early on. I knew that the version I agreed to buy was the Steam one. I also agree that it is Warhorse’s right to not offer changes to already finalized contracts. But that doesn’t mean that it’s the right thing for them to do. I mean, what are we to conclude from this? That supporting a project early in development is a bad idea because the developer won’t appreciate it? As far as I’ve heard, the publisher and/or developer of a game receives a handful of keys with which they can do what they want (counts for both Steam and GoG). But maybe not. I don’t know. And they are definitely not giving any information on this. Will KC:D come out for GoG Connect? Are they considering it? Why is it not possible to just hand out a GoG key instead of a Steam key? These are questions that Warhorse could at least try to answer but instead it’s just some community manager who says “no, not possible, we’re not making changes to how we organize our distribution that late in the development process”. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a little more clarification.

It seems more that you are still blaming them - in terms of commenting that its your fault for supporting them early.

Thats a statement that seems more like your blaming the company. Likewise the distribution I believe is generally handled by the publisher.

I genuinely mean that it’s my fault. Im unhappy with the situation and this is my fault due to choosing to act as I did.

So then why are you yelling at warhorse studios?

10 characters, cus this’s just a swamp in the mind of this guy.
CKo7mXLUMAALiJG

1 Like

I’m in such a misery now. Bought it also on GoG and now I have to decide playing GoG version or STEAM version. :scream:
Just to support warhorse again a little.

As bakers we could have lost all the money if they didn’t make it.
In my opinion this it really a marginal reason for complaining since you get the game if you do not get a refund.
Your complainment would have more reason if you backed for a linux version.

2 Likes

gog is a meme. overrated and pointless

1 Like