What do you want NOT to see in Kingdome Come: Deliverance?

I belive this topic should be here, because many people express their opinions in such a way.
For example I don’t want to see generic quests, half-naked noblewomen all around (well, it’s ahistorical at least…) and too many nobles compared to low-classes. And some other things I will think of in a future…

8 Likes

I would not like to see a “too” open world, there should be a choice to follow some questline and not allowing you too get lost.
I played alot of final fantasy games over the years and sometimes i got very lost in the worlds and disdnt know where to go. Same with some of the Fable games.
Also i don’t like when you reach the edge of the world there is just an invisible wall, adds some natural borders to the world.

And i agree, no half-naked women everywhere and well dressed men.

9 Likes

I do not want to see multiplayer. The developers said they’re considering it, but as long the player count doesn’t go above 2.

Also, if the developers are doing their research right and really want to make a real medieval game, women shouldn’t be half-naked (unless they’re lower-class) until around the 1900s :wink:

26 Likes

I agree about not wanting to see the high-fantasy clichee of barely dressed women and well dressed men. I also think that the people - even the nobles - souldn’t be too neat, tidy and clean. People around then weren’t as cleanly as today. Bathing once a week was high luxury, there was nothing like toothbrushes. It was a dirty and stinking world and I would love to have it that way in the game.

22 Likes

In usual games, a map always tells you where you are and where to go, you dont really need to know the world or the best pathes and you don’t need orientation.
In some games you only need to buy a map in the first city and done, you just know everything. In other games, the map is created on its own, while you are just walking through unknown area.

Well, that all makes it too easy and lets players ignore signs, streets, waypoints and everything. Maybe there will be a different solution for this.
How about map parts you can buy, that dont tell you where you are? You gotta know yourself. And why is every map perfect?

Another idea: Do you know the game Miasmata?

It only lets you draw map-parts, when you acually know where you are. You have to use triangulation and cross bearing to find out, with known landmarks to draw the map. It really is a cool idea. Ok, this gets a little far but i want to show that there are different cool solutions.
What do you think?

37 Likes

Multiplayer, generic content, missing promised features.

4 Likes

If you get lost with Fable, i don’t think that RPG games ara recommended for you. Don’t play Fallout for example.

I don’t want a game on rails, i want an open world. I want to go everywhere i want, and get lost; found places and people which activate side quest, and you don’t know them beforehand (so the only way to find these sidequests is to explore new places and get lost). Etc.

And that’s why i pledge this game

37 Likes

I really don’t like weapon and armor degradation, can we assume my character is keeping his equipment properly oiled, sharpened and otherwise maintained!

14 Likes

Please no multiplayer. I don’t have friends and I don’t need games to remind me of that.

60 Likes

That’s a cliché, and not true.
Humanity was much cleaner in the later medieval periods like the 14th and 15th century.
It was colourful, quite clean (They even already had guilds for people that shove shit off the streets, and harsh repercussions for people that would just leave it on the streets) and rather civilised.

The dirty brown and grey of “muddyevil” movies is a hollywood cliché, a myth, and needs to die.

Even teeth weren’t as in a bad shape as those cliché movies show it - Sugar wasn’t in almost EVERY SINGLE MEAL back then. TL;DR: It was not grey and brown. It was not all dirty. It was very colourful and civilised.

43 Likes

I don’t want to see generic fetch quests

13 Likes

I agree, FAble was kind of a bad example.
I dont want a rail game either, but i would like to have the choice to know where im headed.
Some days i wanna run around and explore, look for hidden areas, and find sidequests.
But i want a way to point me in the correct way if/when i get lost.

The main quest should have some pointers to it, possiblity to buy/find clues or something.
I have played fallout, and other “big” games.
It is cool with an open world as long as there are content and just not a large area to run around in.
It has to be an open environment with lots of interaction.’

4 Likes

No repetitive NPC dialog please. Ruined Skyrim for me (“I don’t claim to be the best blacksmith in Whiterun.”). I’d rather hear no NPC chatter that the constant drivel the Elder Scroll’s games spew.

25 Likes

IIRC, your character needs to eat and sleep to function properly. While I see the point of including such mechanisms in a game like KC-D (several games already implemented these two in higher difficulty/hardcore settings with varying success), I’d really like the have the option to turn these features off, especially in later playthroughs. If having these mechanisms are indeed crucial for the realistic experience, maybe they can be turned off for the class you beat the game with - e.g. when you beat the game with a thief, your second thief character is granted the option to turn them off, but if you haven’t beaten the game with a bard yet, you can’t turn them off for your bard character after beating the game with a thief. Thoughts?

9 Likes

Thanks for correcting me. I might have been taken away by earlier periods like 12th century arthurian-lore (Erec, Yvain and stuff like that) whre a bath is an occasion to be properly mentioned. And from other 12th and 13th century texts, that state that “normal folk” had to scrimp a lot to be able to afford a visit to a bathing house… but as you may well see I’m not as good in the 14th and 15th century.

But still those depictions of farmers in properly clean clothes without one single hole like I see them in many high fantasy games bug me out… so let’s meet in the middle. The people might have been cleaner than I thought, but they did not have new clothes every week - except they were from an upper upper class, then maybe the family had that kind of money to pay people who taylored 24/7

2 Likes

Amen. I appreciate the desire for immersion but having a full time job means my time with the game will be limited and the need to spend half of it on character maintenance may become frustrating.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, Dave, I’m afraid I can’t do that.

While it’s not my call to make, there is no “middle ground” when it comes to historical accuracy and facts. We KNOW by fact, due to many documents, sources, excavations and paintings that especially the later medieval periods do not live up to the cliché of dirt, grey and brown at all. Compromises in this area just end up looking very weird - Just like if you used a 15th century helmet because it looks so cool, but on a 13th century armour, which is entirely accurate, except for the helmet. That’s… horrid.

Let’s not forget one very important fact:

You talk about "Well those clothes I see in high fantasy…"
Kingdom Come : Deliverance is NOT high fantasy. It isn’t low fantasy either.

This game is NOT fantasy. At all. It’s a story taken place in a country that existed, in a time that existed, with a world and all it’s details like clothing and gear and architecture that existed and still does.

It’s NOT fantasy. So please, stop trying to apply fantasy LOGIC to it.

20 Likes

Whoa…

OK to avoid further misunderstandings:

a) the “let’s meet in the middle” phrase was more of a “let’s try to get on an eye level here”

b) as I already said: Thank you for correcting me. It’s not about the dirt anymore - whereas I never meant that people looked like pulled out of the gutter, but more like people who did not shower daily (greasy hair, and I’m still convinced that it wasn’t too uncommon to have one or two front teeth missin at the age of 30) - but anyhow as stated I was only referring to the clean and tidy clothes which just were uncommon. The common (lord, I do use that word a lot) men and women mostly had clothes that were patched several times, because it was expensive to have new ones taylored or even to buy the fabric to taylore some yourself, IF you had the knowledge and means to do so. (If I’m also wrong here, please correct me, but that’s mostly what I know from the books I’ve read)

So, let’s try to get on one page here. I, for instance, mostly believe that in narration, historical accuracy is secondary to the narrative, which doesn’t follow the rules of our reality but the rules of it’s own reality. BUT seeing that this game is a lot about this accuracy, I agree with you that there shouldn’t be a middle ground. The middle I was referring to was, that the people were cleaner than I thought, but their clothes didn’t look as new as they do in most games that emulate medieval or similar periods.

I hope that clarified what I meant.

1 Like

Dont want to see:

1. classical RPG inventory with dozen of pikes and a pair of full plates in your bag.
  2. classical RPG corpse inventory, when you see a body of a swordsman but everything you can get is a crossbow.
  3. classical RPG and just any game mechanics that allow both player and AI to recognize the enemy regardless of the circumstances and the real possibility.
52 Likes

Same here. I used all my money for backing up the game, now I don’t have money to buy friends.

18 Likes