What do you want NOT to see in Kingdome Come: Deliverance?

Developers shouldn’t forget that majority of population couldn’t read or write. There was majority of analphabets. I somehow suppose that main character will be able to read. So we need to know how is it possible.
So: no educated peasants!

3 Likes

That’s a more complex subject. Since late 13th century more and more people were learning to sort of read (very slowly, not good, mostly a leeter by letter thing) It was no vast majority, but even common folk had the opportunity to learn from monks. Only in their own language of course, they weren’t allowed to learn how to speak or read latin, which was the language of most clerical or political notices. But at least some were able to read the “zidunge” which were like notices with news about the immediate surroundings or “news” (which were mostly a month old) about further regions.

So. Not every peasant was “sophisticated” but some could read a bit. And the lower aristrocracy would sometimes entertin themselves with what was then called “novels” (mostly epic works about arthurian knights, written in verse)

2 Likes

Hmm , My preference is the combat system . It should be simple but very well detailed and feel natural. What I DON’T want to see in the game, is that there is little or no impact on the bodies or enemies and the impacts of each shot is independent of where it is hit . Finally that the impact for example a scratch or a cut must have an effect on your moves , not like Mount and blade , where you can keep on poking in to the other one like tickling him and he dies of laughing because of that (Mount and Blade is a good game in general and had really good concepts , I don’t mean to degrade its value but just to tell what SHOULDN’T be there in this game )

3 Likes

To clarify my previous post. At least in southwestern germany it was like that. I can’t vouch for any other region, I just assume, that the rest of europe was at a compareable state.

I do not wish to have a game that pretends to offer an open-world environments whilsts 70% of the environments is empty. I would prefer a thousand times a smaller but more beautiful and living environment with people to talk to, events, cities filled with different peoples doing their thing (e.g. The Witcher 2 and most probably 3) than a vast world that feels empty (e.g. Skyrim).

7 Likes

I don’t want to have a map at beginning of the game. Maps where really really expensive in this time. It’s much more realistic if I have to ask people for the way and read signs etc.
It would be awesome if clothes and shoes have his own size. It’s so unrealistic in every other game when I can wear everything I found.
Also it will be perfect if there are no healing potions or anything like this. If my char is hit in the leg by an arrow he has to limp. And after bandaging myself it needs time to heal and can be fasten by using some kind of herbage or unguent.

22 Likes

What I don’t want to see in this (heck actually ANY) RPG:
Boss Battles.
Hate them with a a passion.
No stupid, completely artificial, immersion-breaking enemies with 9 million hitpoints, immunity to everything and the abilty to spawn in pointless mooks from thin air ad infinitum, that, on top of everything else, you also need to kill 3 times…
(here’s looking at you, Dragon Age II… >8) )
That has absolutely noting to do with roleplaying and just keeps ruining games lately. Hard/tough battles I like. Stupid woodchopping contests over 30 minutes are terrible.

25 Likes

If a woman is wearing armor, it shouldn’t look like a plate mail thong

13 Likes

Thanks for an info. Still, I think that one or two educated people in small village (game doesn’t take place at the centre of realm) should be enough. Also you suggested clergy as a teachers, so they must be accessible for characters. I may do some reaserch on it :smiley:

1 Like

No GPS-like map, no boring and lifeless side quests, no generic dungeons. No chainmail bikinis.

8 Likes

Maybe an alternative to “bosses” could be a very well trained fighter, or someone unusually defensive, or someone using a weapon you’ve had little training fighting against. Unusually intelligent AI. And then historically, there was occasionally a guy in steel plate armor. Of course they’d have the same human capabilities like any other person though.

6 Likes

Armor and weapon degredation is a great part of any RPG due to the fact that it shows that the items you use are actually being used much like minecraft, it wouldn’t be as fun nor would it be very rewarding if none of your items would ever break, being afraid of something breaking mid-battle because you haven’t taken care of your items makes you work even harder for them not to and that will make you get a sense for appretiation of value.

“If you want an eighty foot golden cock and balls you’ll swiftly get bored of your golden cock and balls if you just get one, so instead you get five dollars a week to wash cars so you can save up and gain an appreciation for value. And when you finally have your golden cock and balls, you’ll love it all the more.” Paraphrasing -Yathzee

In a sense work hard for everything and you will learn to love everything, and when things finally break you also learn that sometimes life will just shit on you

The main reason why certain swords have managed to survive centuries and pass from father to son is because those blades where in constant care, and I’m not saying the game should have four hours of constant “sword rubbing” but rather something quick to apply/repair as the same with crafting; there is no way someone would play a game where it takes 1-2 weeks of real time to make a longbow so we have a bunch of wood and string and bam we have a longbow.
I’m saying is we should have the details but we should have them in a quick rundown version.

Take care of your shit or you will find yourself in a lot of it.

17 Likes

Let’s just say you want a game like Skyrim…

1 Like
  • Celebrity voice actors.
  • Unhistorical ‘sexy’ clothing on characters of either sex.
  • Black-and-white morality. OK, so maybe we’re fighting to save the King from his brother, but that doesn’t mean the brother should be portrayed as a cartoon villian. I don’t think that’s very likely based on what Warhorse have said, but I’ll say it anyway.
13 Likes

True, personaly i would go for irreversible deterioration of items for this game.

4 Likes

I would prefer not to see gender equality, political correctness and all the other modern society’s nonsense.

18 Likes

I just played Miasmata for a while and I was very excited about maping system. It is really great, becouse I can imagine to do it like this in real world.

What about crime?

If i kill someone in the middle of nowhere with no one around to witness i shouldn’t be punished.

On the other hand if i murder dozens of people in broad daylight with loads of witnesses my crimes shouldn’t be forgiven.

Nothing like “pay 1000gp and we forget about it”. Make it have consequences.

35 Likes

What I don’t want to see in KC:D? Basically everything that makes the Elder Scrolls games so lame. Without a particular order:
a) GPS-like quest marker. Please give me the info I need to find a place and don’t hold my hand throughout all the game.
b) FedEx quests. I don’t wanna go to the other corner of the Holy Roman Empire to deliver a spoon. Allocate your quests in a way that makes sense.
c) Immersion breaking fast travel. If you are going to have a fast travel option, please handle this through in-game means, like caravans and barges. At least, this way I have to reach a “fast-travel station” connected to another station.
d) Hundreds of boring-to-death dungeons. Self-explaining.
e) Enemy’s level scaling. Self-explaining.
f) Improving trough use. Seriously guys, this is the dumbest way to handle character development in a first person sandbox game. a) It drives players to do stupid things such jumping around like idiots, lockpicking doors they don’t need to open, brewing useless potions, etc. b) It is basically impossible to balance properly. Please, use another system.

24 Likes

I get what you are saying, and if I can make minor repairs and weapon maintenance, in the field, that would feel realistic. Needing to carry duplicate copies of my weapons and armor, so that I am prepared when things to break, feels less realistic. I shouldn’t need a blacksmith just to sharpen an edged weapon or mend some leather armor. Things like repairing dented armor, metal armor that has been pierced, or broken weapons should require a blacksmith.

5 Likes