What do you want NOT to see in Kingdome Come: Deliverance?

There is one thing that i hate in a lot of RPG’s. Some NPC’s who you can’t kill, even if it is some relevant character, that you shouldn’t have killed. The game should be playable without him. It is so annoying in Skyrim or Gothic, if some NPC’s have godmode and than you are kinda doomed because he is going to attack you in front of everyone, and than the crowd will help him. In addition, if there will be some mercenarys, i don’t want that they can attack me, and the guards do not intervene, unless they are bribed. That is silly.

I don’t want to see quest marker… if is real necessary please let us have an option to hide it =)

1 Like

No linear story or " hand holding" gameplay.no invisible walls, I want to play in my own manner and have fun without the constraint of having to complete a certain quest so I can progress etc

I’d like to see a variety of choices in how to respond to a situation without a necessarily clear cut good or evil alternative (think the Witcher). Although I do look forward to playing a heroic character I’d like for good choices to have their consequences such as lost opportunities or a different plot door opening than otherwise.

What I don’t want to see is a linear story taking you from A to B to C. From what I’ve read so far from the game’s developers this looks like a free range approach is what to expect instead (which is a good thing). I’m looking forward to those 3.5 square kilometers of game space to explore, picking up bits of the story as one goes.

I would rather not see pointless combat. Each NPC slain in a life taken. In the realistic setting there are ramifications of ending someone’s life even in this era. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be epic battle, just that there should be a reason whenever someone puts their life on the line against your character. The motivations could be profit or owing their lord fealty so long as there is some reason other than “because he was evil.”

While the possibility of multiplayer could be fun with a friend none of the quests should rely on it. It should be an option where someone can drop in and out seamlessly as an opportunity to explore the world together. I’d play an MMO if I wanted forced grouping (and obviously I’d rather play this than an MMO).

I wouldn’t want to see an economy with rampant RPG-inflation. The typical curve of most games is that you start penniless but by halfway through you never want for anything from all the coin you’re carrying around. Don’t get my wrong, I don’t want purchases to be frustratingly out of reach, but if they could pull off the magic trick of having money mean something from beginning to end that would be excellent.

4 Likes

I think you should avoid the worst trends in gaming. You should also avoid the best trends in gaming (except the one about self-funded RPGs). In fact, avoid trends altogether. Skip the formulas. Break the mold. Be a bellwether. oh wait, you’re already doing that. Never mind, carry on.

2 Likes

I don’t know, it could work pretty well! Not an npc with 9 million hitpoints, but an example would be if you had to 1v1 duel someone with extremely much more expesive gear than you and had a better combat AI. I would call a that a boss fight by all means. Perhaps if you threaten a nobility and his guard want to teach you a lesson.

1 Like

I simply do not want to see any type of Multi-player for at least the first 3 Acts, and preferably for the entire Trilogy.
Just concentrate on the Story and getting everything just so without having to worry about trying to do something that pretty much every other game has. We’re not backing every other game, we’re backing a Single player Medieval RPG.

3 Likes

They confirmed in the stream that will not have multiplayer

My fear is that we’ll see a trend towards “cutesy” as more people join. Clothing and shelter textures will get cleaned up due to the masses wanting cute and clean. Heaven forbid we actually stick with the visual realism.

Not sure what I do not want, but I too urge the developers to delve into historical literature or even considering a consultant specializing in medieval studies - before making any claims about authenticity to the era. One should of course consider making some leeway for the sake of gameplay, but skin deep is unacceptable.

Hope that didn’t sound too demanding. Do not wish to come across as entitled.

P.S: Also don’t get carried away with the Chaucer English :smiley:

multi-player would be interesting, but have it as its own stand alone. so you would have the proper RPG and then the Multi would have its own world and you could choose to ignore either side of the system

I don’t get what you mean? Are you saying people don’t like characters wearing dirty clothes?

1 Like

I’m saying there are a lot of people that don’t like dirty clothes, dirty homes; in fact they don’t even like to see women in armor if it doesn’t look like a metallic bikini. I’d bet that if the game gets popular enough we’ll see complaints about an only earth tone color palate.

One of the things that got me to pledge money for this project was the “Dungeons & no dragons” tag line and to move towards the cutesy crowd’s fantasy land filled with purple and pink unicorns is my worst nightmare.

I’ve seen how Shroud of the Avatar bowed down to this fantasyish type world with their player housing. The first home was dirty from the outside. It looked old and lived it. It’s artistic texture of stone work looked real. There was mold/mildew or moss growing on the original building – it was absolutely stunning, but so much complaining about it led the team to completely redo the home from top to bottom. Now it looks like something that was built with a 21st century cookie cutter. It’s now just “so perfect” and pretty now that its all cleaned up. Imagine going into a brand new housing development where everything is so pristine. This is what the cutesy crowd did to what was advertised as the “ultimate” RPG.

1 Like

Even it would make some people uncomfortable, no political correct world, give us a historical world. I know Warhorse staff loves history and knows already a lot. But I hope down the road they might even team up with some scientists and historical experts to get more information about how certain things where build, made, cooked, etc., allowing the game with time to grow maybe even more accurate by applying a digital playground for experimental history research like re-creating old methods of cooking, construction, etc.

Screw cliches. Please no black and white good guys and bad guys. Every character players must deal with should have his good and bad sides and it depends on timing and the players actions which of his sides they see more often, like the masks we all wear in daily life for different situations like work, commuting, socializing, etc…

Please no modern or fantasy elements in gameplay.

As much realism is appealing to me, it should not go on costs of comfort for the average player who has very limited time. That does not mean to make it easier as we have enough app games these days which lead you by the hand and pamper you with every step. But logical things like weapon and armor maintenance for example could be implemented into the game in moments of idling. When the player rests by a camp or in some other relatively save spot his character might start after a while to take care of his gear by itself automatically.
Comfort helps the player with very limited time. But letting players actively, if they decide so to spend their time like that, to take care of their gear, or from others against some coin, might give small benefits you don’t get with the idle solution as long the benefits are kept in check and don’t stack to game changing bonus stacks and allows to give some people a bit coin for some services.

During those moments of maintenance players have the opportunity to make conversation and initiate some roleplay or simply interact with some NPCs. That way they would not stand dumb around like in most conversations in games and stare holes into the air.

Just a few thoughts for now. :smile:

4 Likes

Linear missions - I’d be okay with them, but I’d like if something could dramatically alter what happens. Have different events to happen if X or Y and not just in who said this or who is here for that, I’d be sooo happy… I’d like if a main character dies in combat for it to alter the story and not just make them invincible and stop for a moment to catch their breath, like Skyrim. I also don’t want the sword/axe/hammer to just be different stats of power and speed, but also feel very different fighting with them. (Also not just those three melee weapons please… >.>) It’d also be nice if the story didn’t have to revolve around the blacksmith’s son, but could have multiple starting points; though I don’t really mind that one and it seems to fit the game perfectly and they shouldn’t focus on that and take the focus off something else that needs improvement. Lastly, no heavy cliche stuff… Self explanatory… I don’t want to see everything coming like I do in most games… (This is kinda a “what-I-want-in-KCD” post as well… Oh well.)

1. Gamelauncher
  2. DRM
1 Like

I don’t want to see:

Witches, Wizards, Warlocks, Dragons, Goblins, Ogres, Dimensional rifts, Multiplayer combat, non-human species, mystical animals, a stealth button.

I don’t want to see:

1- Map
2- Objective points on screen
3- Boring quest like "bring me 3 beer and kill one rat"
4- Fast travel
5- Auto health regeneration
6- Abusive stamina
7- No weight influence on moving
8- big jump / double jump
7- GUI ? :smiley:

In fact, I don’t want every things which make the game easier such in Elder Scroll ! We want hardcore historical RPG like you have promised with deep character and quest with conspiracies and betrayers !

2 Likes

@Schatz They are putting it on Steam, which is DRM.

@Cristari None of that is in save for multiplayer combat, which we unlocked as a tournament mode and isn’t a required thing.

@Lyca: I don’t think the ‘tournament mode’ is multiplayer. The devs have said there’ll be no multiplayer in Act 1.

1 Like