What I hate in Alpha 0.3

There are good things and there are bad things in Alpha 0.3.

Bad:

1. Renewable thistles and nettles
    Much to much nettles. After 20 minutes picking I had over 1900 nettles. That´s 190 grosches at the shopkeeper. Could buy everything… too easy!!!
    They grow to fast. After 1 day they are all back…

There are so many nettles >> objects. The performance in 0.3 is much lower than in 0.2…
The performance drop is 30-50%…really bad!!!

1. Shaking and wiggling of Henry! He dosn´t hold-up. I get headache from this movement.

2. Archery…easy, too easy.

3. The new AI of the sheep(s). It wasn´t possible bring back the sheep. The sheep runs far away, or stuck somewhere. After 5 minutes I lost the sheep in the big grass.

4. Big bugs are back.
    Don´t get the bow and 10 arrows when start the bet…
    Alchemy broken, no access to the table
    Smith go to bed, and dosn´t wake up anymore

5. Small bugs are back.
    NPC and chicks sliding around
    Torch dosn´t work in dialoges (in the night)
    Clothes (layers) work bad
    Hair color at sunrise and sunset
    People sleep in the fireplace
    Herb women don´t talk anymore
    ect.

Okay, the bugs are not a problem, it´s a alpha, but I hate the rest :wink:

4 Likes

I forget:
Henry 0.3 is really fat. If you look down, what do you see?? Shoes?
He is slower and jumps not so high…

1 Like
  1. Nettles are common in real. It just shouldnt re-grow in one day but thats more for beta testing
    I havent noticed FPS drop, strange. Isnt posssible tha its something different?

2. It is with archery skill boosted (or at least thats written in game) and on static target. Imagine charging oponent. I dont think it is easy.

3. Yes, Ive got this problem today and though to test it tommorow. Good to know Im not only one.

4. Ive never eperienced those. But have to run for a while around alchemy table before was able to start. i though I just missed the starting point.

5.Well… things to report. Also met few (torch equipted unde nuber 2 will fall if unequip instead of putting into inventory)

funny because me and a lot of other people though that walking speed was too fast in previous Alphas. Jumps feels more realistic now, even though I had issue overcoming fence at some places. Spetial animation would be nice…

2 Likes

yeah the wiggling is kind of bad. i understand when he’s doing some heavy work, but when walking or running? gyoscropic mechanism in our brain eye connection should work it out. that’s why we don’t get nauseous when we jump or run in real life!

i like the solution used for the arrow. if you want to see what he does with hands, you look down. the camera does not wiggle for you. please do that for running and other common tasks so vomiting is not induced. thank you

Hi,
thank you for your observation. We know about some of the errors that you found, but some are really beneficial for us.

Good job, stay tuned and keep on testing.

Thank you! :horse:

2 Likes

Yes, there is an issue. Now Henry needs 10 meters warm-up to jump over the fence(high about 75cm!!!). No chance to jump over if you stand aside. Not good!
Now it´s really hard to jump on the roofs…

Slower walking is …okay, …maybe. :wink:

2 Likes

The only thing i didn’t like is the new voice of Henry.
I know they are placeholders and for testing only,
but the Voice in the 1st Live Stream video was better. :blush:

1 Like

I think its appropriate that he can’t leap over a fence (this isn’t Mirror’s Edge, haha). I just hope they allow us to climb over the fence in the next update.

1 Like

You can still jump over fences, look at your feet when you jump it appears they adjusted the animation.

instead of clipping through now at anytime you jump, you have to time them just right.

It takes practice but Ive been doing medieval parkour in each build.

1 Like

you have to a running jump, then it’s the same superman flying as before

The Jump is changed, that’s fact.
With the 0.3 update it is more realistic but you can collide with objects
which push you away from your jump direction.
And sometimes you can’t jump over a fence!
Sometimes you need full stamina to do it and sometimes fences are to big for it.
I want to say, i don’t like the new zoom function of the Bow.
It was harder and more realistic in v0.2.1

2 Likes

Harder, but not more realistic. The archery didnt really change, they just increase Henrys archery skill.
I did (and sometimes still do) archery few years and the 0.3 is pretty realistic I have to say. Colser to my experience than 0.2.

1 Like

What really bugs me that the herb collect animation is in third person.
I mean the game is supposed to be a first person rpg or not? ^^

1 Like

Actually archery feels quite ok as it is with boosted stats now - way more natural and realistic than swaying all over the shooting range like a drunk.

2 Likes

Devs talked about it somewhere (cant remeber now) and they stated that it lookd odd when you pick one herb and several disappear.
Will try to find it.

But if you noticed in 0.3 many of the nettle patches that used to disappear with one picking have now been turned into individual plants.

@sundancekid I don’t like it myself but I think it works well as a compensation for those who want the optional TPV, no control over the camera but at least you get to see what your character looks like.

Well, there will be cutscenes in 3rd person as well. It is very realistic the way it is now as we are controlling Henry the blacksmith. We are intimately involved in his story, but we are not Henry. If we were able to customize our character then I would like it to be in strict 1st person (even in cutscenes and pulling herbs). They did explain the reason for 3rd person collecting in an earlier video. I think it has to do with the fact that some herb animations are linked (to make it seem like there are dozens of them) but in reality you are just picking one.

I don’t think so. It is too different from ordinary 3rd person view. Inventory does it better already.

1 Like

I know this, people also get a good TPV taste from all the dialogue scenes.