What Weapon Will You Wield?

I was re-watching the Kickstarter Update #4 for combat. The variety of weapons being programmed was shown and it is a pretty robust list. To show the developers that their hard time inputting all these weapons is well spent I figured I’d throw out the question: What weapon are you planning to carry when the game comes out?

Personally, I was going to go with the classic sword and shield approach. However, what I’ve read on the board has me now leaning towards going with a hammer or an axe. If there are one handed versions of these weapons available I’ll be carrying a shield, hopefully with my liege lord’s colors showing on its face.

What are you going with?

7 Likes

Sword and/or polearm. And of course a thin dagger n top for stabbing an enemy through his visor :stuck_out_tongue:

Krupp 88

Gotta work those delts a little though, wouldn’t want to tire when carrying that thing.

Halberds seem like interesting and brutal weapons, and useful against an enemy in armor.

I think it’s stupid to drag around shield or hammer or something like that. That’s not quite realistic. One sword or dagger is enough :slight_smile:

Why would that be unrealistic?. Of course the only thing a warrior carries around with him daily is his blade and/or his dagger. The rest of his equipment as his shield or heavier weapons are stored or carried by his horse in travels.

1 Like

Do you think it’s combination of a hammer and shield that is unrealistic? Or just carrying a hammer in general. I am hoping to break out of the standard sword and shield model and go with some of the interesting weapons that the history buffs on this board have described. There’s a thread about armor penetration where the hammer has been brought up many times. Like I said before, I’m thinking axe or hammer for my preferred weapon unless that doesn’t make historical sense.

Probably some classic combination of a sword/longsword/sabre with a backup dagger + bow & arrows…

Spear and shield. It will give me more delight in kicking some rich noble’s ass :slight_smile:

Great armor piercing abilities, but little bit OP.

@MJJ

2 Likes

A spear is a two-handed weapon…

Only javelins were used with one hand. :wink:

Juristical fight/trial by ordeal probably :wink:

Warhammers and maces were usually cavalry weapons (2nd weapon with lances being the 1st).

Will we be able to wield two weapons at once?

In that case I would use two axes :3

Hall naw, those are two pimps fighting for their turf.

I want to wield a silver sword and a steel sword.

Oh wait, wrong game. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

If there will be great swords, I’m definitely going to go for those.

Wait, what?

Anyway, longsword, with a rondel as backup. Or ideally, polehammer or halberd for primary, longsword as secondary, with rondel as backup.

Regardless I’d REALLY like to see them steer away from the classic FPS “walking arsenal” and actually give consideration to how many weapons you can carry at once, requiring the player to plan how to outfit themselves in advance.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing Fantasy Flight Games’ (relatively) new RPG Star Wars: Edge of the Empire. I mention this because they have an innovative solution to encumbrance.

Every item is assigned a number. Small items like a datapad would be one; a mighty heavy repeating blaster would be a nine. The number doesn’t represent just weight; it also figures in the encumbrance of trying to carry the item (is it long, hard to put in a backpack, etc.)

Armor’s encumbrance number drops when the armor is worn as the weight is distributed across your body. It’s kind of neat that the system takes into account the PITA of carrying armor versus wearing it.

Anyway, they could assign Henry a threshold and as you grab items they stack their encumbrance numbers against that threshold.

I saw in the live stream video that their currently using weight for encumbrance. I would suggest a system like what Fantasy Flight Games came up with.

2 Likes

One-handed-axe and shield is my favourite. And of course the longsword.