Why is the Protagonist so ugly?

@ultimategamer What about the female main characters? You mean that you dislike Ciris look in the witcher 3 also? I can’t believe this, I think she is one of the most interesting and attractive female characters so far in the gaming szene.
I don’t think that Henry is ugly, but he is not that interesting. I mean you wont be able to sell act 2 and 3 with a branded face (lara croft, Geralt of Rivia, Enzio Auditore etc.) I hope people will start liking him during act 1.

What makes him uninteresting? Judging Henry in the games current state is like judging the temporary voice overs. Stupid and pointless.

2 Likes

Judging Henry in the games current state is like judging the temporary voice overs. Stupid and pointless.

@SirWarriant Well, I am aware that the voice acting is not done yet. I am talking about his face. The face is the first thing you realize then coes the rest. So my statement is only his plain flat looking. But again, this is a personal opinnion and I am aware that many people like it, so I am ok with it as long as he becomes an interesting character during the gameplay. That’s what matters more.

1 Like

I was making a comparison, i never claimed you brought up voice acting.

Can you explain why?

Can you explain why?

uhh, this is difficult, I guess the eyewith and space (to close together) the checkbone looks to high… It is difficult to say if you find someone attractive or unattractive. It is not the same like ugly /beautiful.
I never said the protagonist is ugly, he is just not apealing to me at this point. (Maybe a huge scar and some big b…bs would change my initial statement) :smiley:

I’m sorry, as a Historian I have to make sure you’re only joking. It’d be absolutely appalling if a member of the general public actually believed this.

Best Regards,
Warrior Rose

I do think they have some problems with their eye material. It looks like glass at the moment.
I don’t know if this matter will be looked in before release, but it plays a huge part in if characters look interesting or plain.

Geralt was actually kinda based on the actor who played him in the Polish series. And he is still not the most handsome guy there with all the scars and everything. Well he is in a way. :smile:

Have you never heard of sarcasm? I mean come on…

EVERYONE was ugly if they weren’t nobility, and even then some of them were ghastly.

cause everyone has a personal barber/straight razor lounging about.

My comment literally poured sarcasm. I’ve been studying medieval history since Grade 3. I’m not that stupid about something I’ve dedicated my life to. :joy:

1 Like

Mate we obviously have very different views about the subject… I’m perfectly ok with average looking and even not so good looking people in life or in virtual world… thus their appearance is unimportant… but I think if the main characters in videogames were average by the standards of the said game it would help a bit with immersion… instead of being a shining warrior standing out from everyone else.

but either way this is not that vital, as long as the game is good.

let this serve you as remainder that sarcasm does not goes well with pure text communiction :smiley:

3 Likes

Sadly I am humourless. It just goes to show that some people actually believe this. It’s sad really, lacking the basic intellectual capacity to not be a complete idiot and be rational and use logic. Me? I’m just a moron :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, what is your field of medieval history?

Regards,
Warrior Rose.

1 Like

My field? If you mean what I study most, it is High Middle Ages (1001 AD - 3000 AD), with a bit of knowledge in the Early and Late Middle Age (GOTHIC ARMOR AND SALLETS!!! :joy:)

As a fan of Medieval history (as I’m willing to bet the majority of backers are), I would like to jump in here - i’m not well versed by any stretch of the imagination, but I’m working on it :smile: . Most of my knowledge is regarding the Crusades (which I LOVE learning about), and most of that knowledge coming via this podcast (it’s great by the way), and I have yet to obtain some of the source material she references…

On Topic:
I feel like the one thing that bothers me about Henry’s face currently, is that the mouth looks a little puckered. I don’t know if that bothers anyone else, but that’s just about the only thing that bothers me.

1 Like

Umm no, In that case, he’d be blond blue-eyed casual looking guy like most of us and not this gypsy type… :wink:

blond blue eyed isn’t normal. most central europeans are brown eyed brown haired

3 Likes

How is the protagonist ugly? He just looks average to me.

1 Like

Brown Haired and Brown eyed has nothing to do with Gypsy…most of us in Europe are like that and we are not Gypsies. Google Gypsy Kings for Gypsy look.

Still upset with the looks? Dan confirmed that current Henry is a placeholder. in a month old podcast in Czech:

He said its always a pain to make a look of the main character and even he is not happy with Henrys current look. He also said that he has no idea how he SHOULD look yet though… so lets keep ideas coming in this topic :smiley:

1 Like

I should learn Czech …