Will the backers of the physical copy get a downloadable version aswell?

Hey there, I backed this project in its early stages and made sure to get the Baron reward (alpha and such) but now that I look back I noticed that I choose the physical copy, and since I wasn’t expecting to get the physical copy I wrote in my adress and such half arsed (I know, very stupid), and it’s probably correct but just as a saftey precaution I was wondering if the backers of the physical reward will get a downloadable version aswell? And if not, is there anyway to check what details i used on the kickstarter?

//Kind regards Zed

1 Like

Yes, they will, you can look it up in the backing section

Unfortunately what @Mevolon18 said is not completely true. No one will get the game twice. You’ll get exactly what you’ve pledged for, either a digital or a physical copy. Only higher tiers like for example the DUKE will get a bonus. They will get the chance to bridge the gap between sending and receiving the game (shipping time). The ID of the game they’ll install will be the same. They will just have the option to download and play the game before they physically received it. Technically the boxed game is then just an artifact to put in your shelf, because THIS game will be already installed on your PC. Check Update 8 at kickstarter for more info.

I thought the question was, if you would be able to download the game even though you have backed for a digital copy.
I simply missunderstood the question but know everything should be clear :blush:

Hello ZedZaw I checked your data and saw that you will have the option I described. With the Baron special (From Kickstarter, on our site it’s different!!!) you’ll get the boxed game + a download link to bridge the gap between sending and receiving the game (shipping time). If you need to change your shipping address or anything else you can do so on http://pledge.kingdomcomerpg.com/. After you’ve singed in, you’ll see the button “Profile” on the right side. There you can edit your contacts.

Thanks a bunch for the help! :smile: Hope you have a pleasant week and good luck on creating this awesome game!

sorry if i revive a dead post but that means that if we pledge for a “low” tier physical we will not get any form of digital backup? I’m currently knight physical and i’m planning to upgrade to earl but if that is confirmed i may choose a digital version…

And also you dont mean that with a physical copy we will have to put the dvd in the player every time we want to start the game right? I do not do that since old good rome 1 days, and (aside from the positive nostalgia effect XD) would be really annoying.

Unfortunately you are right. You’ll just get what you pledged for. Physical editions will just get the physical box unless you have pledged on kickstarter. There was this bonus with the additional download link. But this offer expired. I can’t answer your second question because it’s a thing mainly handled by the distributors. But we also would like to resign on always putting in a disc.

oh… that’s really a bad news. Can i ask the reason of that? What’s the problem with giving someone with the verified serial code of a physical copy access to the identical backup digital version? sorry but that’s really a huge drawback for me and i cant see the reason…
I dont know what are yours plans for the release but releasing the game ALSO (not only) on steam would solve this problem (granted that our serial numbers give us access to a steam copy) and also let you reach a huge customers base.

PS: Just remember to stay away from those infernal steam forums :wink:

1 Like

I totally agree with roym. Until now I was going for a physical copy, but I will probably change my pledge, if this policy won’t be changed. Having access to a digital backup in case of my discs getting broken is very important to me.

I pledged for physical, too
I dont really mind if I have to put in the CD although it would be nicer if I not have to. And If I have to put it in I dont want the drive to make loud noise (but isnt that standard?!).

Whats more Important to me is if I will be able to play my game via Steam. I think it should be possible.
And I think I remember Warhorse plans to sell it on Steam, too. At least the alpha will definitely be (only) available through steam.

So @TobiTobsen will I be able to play the physical copy via steam? And will the drive make loud noise when I have to put the CD inside when the game is already installed? I cant remember cause I havent had physical copys for a while.

Would be great if physical pledgers can get the option to download the game, too. Maybe even with via Steam.
I dont want my CD to be broken and not having the game anymore…

I understand people worrying about breaking a disc, but how many of you have actually ever done that? All the years I’ve played PC or console games, not once have I even seriously scratched a disc. Sure, I’ve dropped a few and maybe accidents happen, but maybe I’m just extra careful and, yeah, possibly a little lucky.

If people are that concerned about breaking a disc, they’re free to go digital-only. Or, they may just have to buy another disc at some point if that’s the way this goes.

you’re right,
I am careful too with my discs and have never broken one.
And I will get the physical copy. But I think it would be nice if you actually get a digital copy too or if you dont get one that you dont have to put the cd in the drive every time you want to play.

Actually one time I lend a game to friends and when it returned the discs had scratches and wouldn’t work properly anymore.
However the point is that I am not asking for an additional license, I am merely asking for the possibility to download the game, if my disc broke. I don’t know how it could do any harm to WH, if registered owners of the physical edition had the permission to download KCD.
When people pledge for “knight tier physical”, it is basically paying for digital plus paying 10 bucks more for stuff to put on your shelf. Are there any severe disadvantages for WH, why these backers shouldn’t be allowed to have the privilege of download? After all they payed 10 bucks more than people from the same tier.

/me choosing a pledge tier
@TobiTobsen , make it clear please (maybe even in FAQ section) : how each tier’s game copy linked with steam.
With steam I’m sure that if I format_C or lost hdd, I can restore all games. So what about your digital tiers? Will it be integrated with staem or should I wait and by it directly in steam?

∟ For physical tier - possible solution is to translate some cd-key to steam key

So this means all pledges above baron will get download link if pledged at kickstarter?

Game will be distributed via Steam.

@Gr8humanilation Yes, thats at least how I understood it. Only Kickstarter backers though.
@Dekssan Yes I think it will be distributet via Steam and the alpha will also only be available on Steam (at least was that the last information) But @ZOR was also asking about the other tiers, physical included. And I’m wondering, too if I can get a Steam download even If I pledged for Baron Physical for example or if I will be able to play the game through Steam with my physical version. @ZOR I think the digital tier will have no problem integrating the game in Steam. @TobiTobsen I dont want to annoy you but can you make it clear if you know how it will work yet?
If its possible for Kickstarter Backers to get an additional download link It would be great if other physical backers could get a backup download option too.

Yeeh i understood it like that too. Well luckily i pledged via kickstarter.

Will i get digital version if I pledged on kickstarter for baron tier and then upgraded on duke tier herec?