Witcher 3 PC downgrade

I’ve got the cash to get a decent gaming computer but I have no idea how to put a custom built one together, if you wouldn’t mind I would appreciate some links for future reference, I can find an instruction manual for myself :smile:

OK I am done, this is it’s unplayable.
The game froze like 10 times in span of 2-3 hours. I have replayed some parts more than once because it froze before I saved it.
I have set graphics to low and in GPU driver I set it to max performance.
It help jsut a little.
I am really pissed now.

Anyway building a computer is quite easy as long as you are gentle and dont mess up the pins in CPU socket (commonly this happens when you try to reseat the processor, so do it properly the first time)
Also dont forget to install motherboard columns.

Anything else is just “does it fit? yes? then its right”

1 Like

There are more console peasants than pc king…
They will overthrow the government and become master race again!!!
Yea right lol…

NeweggTV has a ton of how to build videos. They go through the whole process step by step.

A year and a half ago I spent 2k on my build (including monitor, accessories, warranties, security software, and overnight shipping) it was my first build with new parts, so I was anxious these videos made it easy.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info. If you’re struggling with a 770 theres no way in hell my old 650 will run it even on low. Im planning on upgrading soon but i don’t think i want to support them now.

You may try to over throw us with your vast numbers but we have superior fire power. 120 fps 4k resolution, ect. Plus our super weapon Lord Gaben himself. He will show you the power of the pc! :smile:

:smile: :smile:

1 Like

Haven’t heard any friends complain about crashes and shit so far.

Ive read quite a few reviews about it how it is terribly optimized and has bugs and freezes.

The bottom line is this should NOT be happening. What the hell were they doing when they delayed it?

Ive also read reviews about people with fucking 970s and 980s struggling with this game. They clearly didn’t take anytime to optimize. ITs a crap garbage console port. Now i have heard great things about the story and gameplay but that doesn’t mean shit if the game doesn’t work.

Were they playing 1440p?

GPU memory optimization might lack a little but all in all I am glad a game is pushing the Graphic limit. Haven’t seen a PC do that in a long time (well except maybe SC but that is still alpha).

No most of the negative reviews were people struggling to run it at 1080p or less on low to medium.

The real graphics of this game are not hardly pushing the limits. Its called the game is very poorly optimized. Crysis 3 looks damn good it was easily the best looking game when it came and some could argue it still is. That game ran beautifully on pc. My mid range pc could run it at 40 fps on ultra at 1080 p. Metro last light. Looks damn good i can run that at around 30 fps on high at 1080p

Thats called good optimization.

Looks good to me. Quite good for a game with a budget lower than Call of Duty: Elite.

Yes the game does look good how ever it looks far behind what they promised was actual PC gameplay.
Graphics don’t make the game what I’m pissed about is a trusted company lying to our faces for 3 years and then giving us a watered down poorly optimized version of a game they promised.

Call of Duty has no relevance in this conversation. If Cod wanted they could make their graphics the best of any game out their with their budget. They’re just lazy.

You mean it’s not as good as shown in the trailers?

Gameplay footage and the demos that they had people play. All of them look miles ahead of what the game looks like now.

This disturbs me that people are okay with this kind of false advertising. They even waited longer to give out the PC review copies to hide the down grade.

The people know what to expect from the game industry by now.

Same goes for cars that claim extremely good mileages

And Axe/Lynx deodorant

I can see how it’s a disappointment for many but I didn’t buy it for graphics anyways.

So you expect an illegal practice and are okay with it? You should expect that from people like Ubisoft but CD project red was considered trust worthy and had a high reputation.

Since you’re bringing up cars. Lets so you order a Ferrari online but this showed up to your door.

You wouldn’t say thats dishonest and false advertising?

Also the fact that they kept it quiet as long as possible by delaying the PC review copies show what fucking scum bags they are.

Had they been up front about the down grade and not lied about it, this thread wouldn’t be a thing!

And now all the experts talking!
Downgrade here and downgrade there…
If your game crash or freeze, than stop flame and learn to ask!
There are a few workarounds.
The Game is perfect, only people are thankless
And it doesn’t look like Gothic 1

I don’t think anyone claimed to be an expert.

Or the damn developers could do their job and, ya know fix their game…

Ill just let you sit and think about what you just said. :expressionless:

sorry but in many situations it is a fact.
Yeah downgrade is there but yes you’re right,
we need a “crying about The Witcher 3 downgrade” Thread in every forum.
I don’t know what is wrong in life of people that they need to create threads about it in every forum. Go to GOG and post it and don’t push the place here with useless “I can’t see any longer The Witcher 3” Threads.
Oh and sorry that games have bugs since 1999.
KCD will never have patches and will never changed in GFX effects!
I’ll just let YOU sit and think about what you said, Mr.

Ok theres only two sentences i can really read and understand in this post.

Day one game breaking crashes bugs and freezes? Older games usual run better and work better than modern games. Devs gave a shit then.

Lol you said the game may have crashes and freezes, and bugs but its perfect. You seriously don’t realize how thats an oxymoron?

Lol you said the game may have crashes and freezes, and bugs but its perfect. You seriously don’t realize how thats an oxymoron?

Yes you’re right we never have games on earth with bugs freezes etc.
Thumps Up to you, haters!
And realize only one thing
you can’t change it anymore :smile: