You should make some official annoucement

Also I have a whole day badminton match so I want it delayed till I get back >:3 muhahahaha

Honestly I don t understand this thread,
first we are backers not customers
2nd they have already communicated the Alpha release date and its look like they are on time.
I am not a Fan boy and never will, but I think until now Warehorse shown us respect and attention.
So I just posted this message to tell them that they have mine too

3 Likes

Oh boy ā€¦ calm down ā€¦ so many nitpickers here ā€¦

mimimi ā€¦ itĀ“s supposed to work the exact same second when the date changes to 22nd ā€¦ :facepalm:
No tragedy ā€¦ give them time ā€¦ and still if it were delayed for a few days more - whatĀ“s the big deal?

I already can see the disappointment when a few people are gonna realise what this first alpha will really be.

1 Like

Wall-to-wall DRAGONS! And zombie hordes! Also, added MMO mechanicsā€¦ And in-game purchases with VAV points which can be purchased for a reasonable fee at the dev-store?

Oct. 22nd doesnā€™t mean 12am, it means 12am - 11:59pm. I knew some entitled little brats would complain.

1 Like

Yeah they only said that the release date is 22nd october. Also if you look any other threads or twitter @TobiTobsen has said multipe times that the release time is 0.01-23.59. So please calm yourself, and wait patiently like everybody else.

FUCKING QUEST FOR GLORY IV: SHADOWS OF DARKNESS! I LOVE THAT GAME!!! YEAH MAN, YOU ROCK!! :smiley:

1 Like

Well, 00:01 oĀ“clock, in which location?? Midnight in Central Europe, or in Northern America, or in China? When I preorder a game I donĀ“t expect the mail to deliver it at 1 oĀ“clock in the morning of the release date either.

YouĀ“re maybe right that the homepage should, or could have been prepared, but it isnĀ“t always that easy. And release date 22nd doesnĀ“t mean it will be available as soon as the clock jumps from 24:00 to 00:01, but anytime on this day.

I think perhaps sometimes its best to calm down and take a few deep breathsā€¦
It is still the 22nd I am actually in Australia and its 4.31pm over here I have been checking the forums/site at wk all day but there is no need to cry over itā€¦
No set time was ever given by warhorse only the 22nd and I am sure they are doing what they can. Honestly some of the posts I have read today border on hysterical one guy was annoyed the developers were eating pizza and drinking coke a picture posted last night European time ā€¦ and people crying over release times and customer support/communication or a lack thereofā€¦ its early am in Europe give the devs a break ehā€¦ ridiculousā€¦

I agree it is not professional manner. Nevertheless I donā€™t mind. I donā€™t see myself as an customer here, rather backer and perhaps tester. And I definitely prefer Dan Vavra to remain highly creative but rather unprofessional chap to sacrifice his rather artistic approach for more professionalism. And wearing suit.

I worked as a creative person under so called professional management. It didnā€™t work at all. And the fault wasnā€™t on our side. At least not always / often. In case your management donā€™t know your job / doesnā€™t care it will never work.

I suppose all of us know or feel Warhorse is no Goldman Sachs. Or Ubisoft. Or Bioware. Or any other crap developer / publisher studio out there who perform the play of professionalism. I prefer to imagine they work quite hard to deliver what they promised. And sometimes there are moments you simply donā€™t have an option to work harder because there is no time to enjoy a distance which is sometimes mandatory. I hope you understand what I mean. :slight_smile:

Keep calm. They will surely Deliver.

2 Likes

hit the nail on the head, spot on mate +1ā€¦

I am not upset and i would like to have a nice experience instead of something rushed out. They take the time they need.

Patience is a virtue.

1 Like

No professional manner?
Please can you explain?
For me to be pro in the video game industry it is to have a big marketing department in order to sell you a game that have outdated mechanism and downgraded graphic at the release date.
And the best pro are even able to say sorry after that

CALM DOWN

Eh, itā€™s 4am here. Iā€™m going to bed and when I wake up, Iā€™ll probably find the Alpha code in some email account or another. Itā€™s not really that pressing. They send it when they can and thatā€™s good enough for me.

Well, is it so hard to drop note ā€œupdate of homepage is expected Oct 22 14:00 CETā€? It is worth about 30 seconds of someoneā€™s time and this will be all void ā€¦

So little to make so huge improvement of backers handling, and we are not worth 30 secs of their time. Sad.

EDIT: bad english

This has nothing to do with not being worth it or such things.
Like I saidā€¦itĀ“s probably because they donĀ“t know when they will make it theirselves.
Please donĀ“t say such things, itĀ“s just not nice and you have no idea if what you say is right. ItĀ“s inpolite.

1 Like

Canā€™t recall them announcing a big midnight release though.

3 Likes

Sorry, I do not agree. They can post expected time of update and then again prolong it, it would be understandable, and we will be happy. But evidently, they rather have angry waiting people at their back instead investing 30 seconds of one employee time.
It is not nice - from them, not from me.

Seriously, saying 22nd October doesnā€™t mean 00:01 just because itā€™s a game. It means, hopefully, that they will release the game at some point today (probably when they are working) when they can if there arenā€™t any delays.

If you say that you are going to the store the the 22nd, does that mean that you are going to the store at 00:01? No. It means sometime that date. Be patientā€¦