You should make some official annoucement

Although I get your point, I have to disagree. Personal preferences again I guess. I´d be more pissed if they gave a time and delayed it several times. This way I know: it is coming today at some point. I look at the page from time to time, if it isn´t here I do something different. If they gave a time and delayed it…I´d be disappointed. Then happy again. Then they may delay it again. Again disappointed. This way I just wait. I´m happy :slight_smile:

Wowser. You should have said. As Intergalactic Grand High Poobah of All Things Alpha, your instructions should have been honoured without question before they were even issued.

I suspect now your meaning has been made clear they will hop to it and deliver the finished product in no time at all?

What a surprise, person which cannot be pleased and it’s a Czech …

Please don´t be rude again y´all.
You have your opinion. He has his opinion.
Just leave it there.
What he said to WH wasn´t polite, okay yes.
But don´t answer it with more inpolitenes. There are other ways.
Thaank you.

Again - is it so hard to announce expected time? If You say Oct 22, it means Oct 22 0:00 (and maybe at local HQ time, but can take it at first second of Oct 22 on globe).

It is just with every release - if not exact time is said, people swarm at “not yet?”.

Is it so hard to avoid it? No, it is not, just invest their 30 seconds to make annoncement, which can be, undestandably, prolonged, for alfa nobody will say a word if prolonged even multiple times.

But nooo, rather have heated discussions, heated, upset, disappointed fans, who would be perfectly content and happy if such an announcement was posted.

Sad, hopet this company would behave differently than rest of industry …

1 Like

Well, we get to arguments “ad hominem”? I pity You. Rather read what I wrote and think about arguments, and how easy is to please me in this case.

You imagine it like child a war. They do not want and cannot set a specific time because they don’t have any idea when alpha will be ready. Get it? It’s ridiculous to think “22nd october” means 0:00, that’s just absurd.

Jeez, just wait and get some life in a meanwhile …

1 Like

No, 22nd of October doesn’t mean 00:01. It means sometime during that date.

If they don’t know exactly when the alpha is ready, they can’t set a date. Besides, Dan has already said in a few video updates that he hates announcing deadlines to the public.

Just. Be. Patient.

dude why dont you read what they said? instead of complaining
They clearly said that it will be hard to release today but they are still optimistic.
They had some problems coming up, of course they wont release it in the night!
If some of you didnt sleep all night its your decision

Even if they release tomorrow its nothing to complain about 1 day more or less doesnt make a difference
If they release today it will probably be in the evening, calm down please
And I know that Tobi meant by 23:59 Wednesday that time not Tuesday, they just had so much work to do that they dont know if they can handle it. And if someone wants to release it the scheduled date its Warhorse

2 Likes

The problem with this is simple.
Like I said I would be more angry if they announced a time and delayed it. So if they did it this way there would have been angry people too. You can´t please everyone. They know that. So they decided to do it this way. Good for me, bad for you. But maybe someday they will make a decision that pisses me and makes you happy. When this day comes, you remind me at my words^^

They might not want, but the they - and all of forum users - have to expect and cope with dissapointment and heated discussion and raging comments about announcing “22nd” and not adhere to it … as You see, lot of people expect, when they said “alfa will be 22nd” to have info as soon as 22nd starts.
And I completely understand that expectation.

Reading all this, you might think someones life is depending on an alpha release this day… geez guys, its just a game, where you will be able to TEST it.
Just enjoy it, once it is released, the real fun, will be the final game anyways.

2 Likes

But they are already doing it to You, they do not release alfa or info on said terms, which was “Oct 22”. it is Oct 22 and it is not here.
And no, Oct 22 does not mean “maybe morning maybe evening”.

And it is 22nd of October in 10 hours too.

1 Like

For me it does.
It is still October 22nd. So they didn´t delay it. I think our ways of thinking are just too different^^

As an example I will use HALO Reach Beta: They announced that it would be out on a certain day, staying up all night long and waiting for it I found that it wasn’t exactly at that specific time of that specific day (being 00:01) it just means from their point of view that It will be out on that day at some unknown time as they didn’t specify a specific time of that day. As they haven’t said the time of day currently when it comes out, just expect it to come out today, at some point. Although it may be entering the 23rd in some places it is only just starting on the 22nd for some people. So take that blue chill pill and chill.

Well, what You two do not understand about this sentence:
“And no, Oct 22 does not mean “maybe morning maybe evening”.”

Thats my (and lot of other ppl) definition of what “Oct 22” means. And it is no interest to me if you have more benevolent definition.

PS: Have go to lunch, have care without me :wink:

You forgot the magic AK-47.

Well, you know a day on this planet called earth has roughly about…24 hours?
So no, 22nd doesn´t mean you, or we, or anybody, gets anything exactly at 00:01 am, but in that range of 24 hours.

If a big car company like, let´s say Daimler, says they will show their new car on the 22nd October, it doesn´t mean either they will show it at Midnight…

Then your definition of 22nd of October is different than theirs and mine (and many others), and you will have to deal with that THEY didn’t mean 00:01, but sometime DURING the 22nd of October, which is another 13 hours and 29 minutes.