0 crime impossible?

Hey everyone. Ive been working hard to do a 0 crime playthrough. However im on “the hunt begins” and im forced to loot the bandit corpse for the horse shoe pick, resulting in a crime under “corpses looted” ive gone back to tell Bernard and we went back to the forrest to check it out but the quest still demands i loot the corpse. Im going to try to see if i can visit Ginger at the charcoal burner without looting the pick.

BUT

The very next quest from Bernard im required to loot spurs and bandit ears! And its a main quest too.

So i just want to know if its impossible or not to do a 0 crime playthrough. If its not possible ill simply only loot quest items and get over it. But if it is possible i really want to stick to it.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Very good point,

I have noticed this myself. It should “Not” be a crime looting a merchants body killed by another bandit, whilst they are being robbed in a hold up.

Also I have noticed it turns out to be a crime when attacking “aggressive” poachers in the forest. Thus lowering your reputation in the nearby village.

I understand why looting corpses is a crime, it could destroy evidence and take something from a rightful heir.

I just wish there was a way to complete the quest without doing it.

You can complete the quest without looting the hoofpick. After discovering the two bandits, just go back to the stud farm workrs and ask about Ginger, then talk to Jakub and you are set.

Ill give that a try but what about the bandit ears and spurs on the quest thereafter?

they are just a side quest

there’s no crime if you do nt get caught

I tried but gave up, because:

1. the nightingale cages counted as stolen items, and

2. Killing Zmola counted as killing a civilian.

So it is indeed impossible?

Hey i cant find the workers im supposed to talk to. Just villagers with no dialogue options. Any tips?

For Zmola : you can let the guards deal with him. If you turn in the guy upon the church roof the guards will go and try to arrest him, you can accompany them but you can let them do the work.

When you discover the bandit, wait before alerting them and listen to their dialogue. you’ll learn about Ginger. You’ll then get the objectif to find him, get back to him and he will be gone. Ask Markus (or mark) about him, and then jakub. Maybe you can go directly to jakub.

Thanks for the followup! Really appreciate it. Ill give it a try.

It works! Thank you! So it is indeed possible to do a 0 crime playthrough?

Is there a guide to this somewhere? I wouldn’t want to bug you everytime i run into a snag, lol.

Hello. Im pretty sure is possible, but you have to abandon some side quest, like the one you mentioned. Ruin, U cannot loot for the spurs nor the ears. SAD

1 Like

To new players who still wandering if it is possible. You have to give up on certain things, like doing “ruin” and killing Black Peter, for he is considered a civilian.

You can definitely loot the spurs, just knock them out first. You don’t have to kill them, they just have to be dead to complete the quest. Your horse can kill them, they can bleed out, or you can carry him back to Bernard and have him kill him for humorous effect.

That is definitely useful, thanks.