1.4.3 on PC

is it just me, or did 1.4.3 get rid of the wayfaring knights and all those guys you meet at the side of the road again?
they where back with 1.4.2 and now they’re all gone again. i still get the odd bandit attack but none of the interesting guys.

just got back to Rattay. I was going to see radzig and guess who just past me STILL in his skivvies???
looks like that ain’t fixed.

Random encounters don’t seem to be fixed. Who knows, maybecthsts the way KCD wants it. But it sucks lol. I love this game, but I agree with you. No Riddler and no Wayfarers as far as I can tell.

I managed to run into the riddler last night, while in 1.4.2…I’ll see how encounters are working for me this evening, and update.

Oddly, I was only getting violent encounters in 1.3.x, but since I’ve updated to 1.4.2, I’m only getting peaceful ones…wayfarers with maps, the riddler, etc…but no more bandits, Cumans, or ambushes. I hope 1.4.3 turns everything back on for me…

there is a PC mod to increase the travel encounters. 2 versions : way back when and a lot.
I use the “normal” version and do get a bit more than before the mod.

1 Like

I played 100 plus hours with that mod (More Random Events). It’s just too much! I value it, and the work put in. But I can’t justify every trip having an encounter. It’s overburdened. Even with the normal version. To a point where I no longer had fun with it. And it repeated so often. I now prefer the vanilla encounters, as rare as they are, over that mod. I was this modders biggest advocate on the forum until now. I’d recommend trying it, but you’d eventually see how not fun it is.

1 Like

Whelp, I’ve successfully had a couple encounters this evening. Glad to know that’s working, even if it is somewhat rare.

I did run into that bug where your horse is moving super slow, but it was in the middle of a fight. Once I managed to shake the Cuman off the inside of the horse’s flank, speed returned to normal.

As a happy bonus, I was able to successfully perform a master strike/block and repost in combat, several times in fact. The window for it is tighter, now, and the slow motion for a perfect block opportunity is much less exaggerated. Super happy about this.

1 Like

And the hard version is a joke ^^
I will raise it myself again. If you set the value between 30 and 60, the problem may be resolved and the balance of the release version will be restored!?

Unfortunately halberds are still lying on the ground in Rattay. Even after 3-4 game-days of 1.4.3. NPCs still trying to walk through buildings, fences, horses, Henry and other NPCs… Merhojed still stuck after Pestilence. Stuttering and FPS still dropping around/in Rattay, Monastery, Sassau and other more populated areas.
this is a joke ffs.

Have you tried starting a new game? I experienced almost no problem on my new playline started with 1.4.2, should be the same with 1.4.3.

New HD content will coming…
KingdomComeDeliverance\Data\ pak.cfg

data\buildings_hd.pak
data\characters_hd.pak
data\objects_hd.pak
data\textures_hd.pak
data\patch\patch_010400_hd.pak

2 Likes

Nope, too many hours already in. And that is not how I would’ve imagined a FIX should work.
I’ll probably put it away for the upcoming months and get back to it around Christmas or so… Hopefully it’ll be more pleasant experience by then.

Got 1 response from support, that still active monastery quest after game end, would be fixed in next patch.

3 Likes

Did they improved performance at all after all this time and many patches?

Yes.
Noticably so.
Fixes and improvements to the game.
And some optimisations.
(Some more significant than others- eg much better cpu core utilisation started back in 1.2)

We believe the next couple of patches will be the start of more focused optimisations.

hopefully so us lesser nobles can have a better steed to have and not an old plow horse.