1.4.3 on PC

I see this is being tested now 1.4.3. Is this just bug fixes? I must say, 1.4.2 is the best the game has been running since realease IMO. Anybody know what’s in the patch?

1 Like

No word yet that I’ve seen, but I agree…this is the best the game has been since release.

4 Likes

i am very happy too, the patches seems to show how good the game can be. finally less haters here in the forum :smiley:

i hope they keep up the good patches and keep learning from mistakes.
i saw the kingdom come docu and have to say, these guys from warhouse deserve more patience from the community, nice guys :smiley:

3 Likes

Well said! I hope WH does well over time. They seem like cool and a good group of dedicated men and women.

They may have released the game a little too soon. BUT, the game really is something special. I haven’t felt like this about an open world game since Skyrim and The Witcher 3. WH deserves just a tad more credit!

And I can’t wait for Mod support! I’m excited to see the content that the community can come up with.

2 Likes

Hope it fixes Merhojed life after pestilence, those f-ing halberds and missing Bianca’s ring…

1 Like

People paid $60 for a game, they don’t “deserve” patience at all. There is really no excuse for the state this game was released in.

2 Likes

Well I paid $500 for it, have finished it twice and being generally happy…

8 Likes

@heroesandvillians67
Skyrim and The Witcher 3 aren’t very good open-world games. Have you played Elex? I also recommend Risen. And if you want the best open-world games ever created, then you have to play the old Gothic series.

1 Like

it is as it is. you may be right. but blaming doesnt do anything now. so waiting for patches/fixes is the best choice as they are doing good.

finally i can recommend the game to friends now. 1.4.2 is the best stable version since the release. so patience will get paid :smiley:

2 Likes

What? The large world, interesting and diverse locations, underground, tons of quests/side-quests, interconnected (side)quests, world that is actually impacted/affected by the outcomes of those quests, brilliant cut-scenes, brilliant acting/dubbing, diverse gaming styles, moral choices that matter… and guess what, it was actually working from day 1.
The world is much bigger and AI/NPCS aren’t standing still if you attack them :slight_smile:
Can’t imagine anyone who likes open world stating that W3 isn’t good. Unless someone is strongly put away by the “fantasy” stuff. But then again, even the KC:D has some more or less “fantasy” potions.

3 Likes

I believe people who are hardcore RPG players want character creation, and not play just one character, I love the W3 game, and to me it’s 100% RPG and open world, just like KCD.

1 Like

No, a character creation is not for hardcore RPG players, it’s for casual RPG players. And Witcher 3 did A LOT wrong in the game design. It has very bad game design at all. Yes, the world looks great and is big, too big, but that’s not everything what makes a good RPG, nor a masterpiece.

In general I have a strong preference for defining my own character ala Skyrim. In this case I happen to like the Henry character. The game is flexible enough to allow me to somewhat define Henry, and to the extent that I cannot I am fortunate int hat I like Henry quite a lot as he is.

Kudos to his voice actor.

1 Like

I also enjoy Henry’s character. He isn’t like most other RPG leading roles that’s for sure haha. The voice actor actor is great… but there’s something very simple and easy about Henry that I enjoy. And it’s fun watching his character grow and somewhat mature as the story progresses. He’s not Geralt…but I don’t mind that at all. His character I find refreshing I guess. I haven’t beat the game yet, so please no spoilers… but I have a feeling that Henry will grow into a character I feel like being around like Geralt…in a different way. And that’s refreshing for me at least.

I hope you all on PC get it tomorrow so console might get it by next friday🙂

I just hope they release some good patch notes this time. Don’t just say 200 bug fixes. We all would like to know what they are🙂

1.42 did for me on PC.
and uniquely in my case a new PSU .
I let straw have the captive after I got what I needed. the NPC’s stood there for a few shouts and then walked away.
Haven’t seen a halberd since 1.41.

I believe the Straw part. I took the bandid into prison so it’s different situation.
About the halberds, well… that part I have a trouble to believe you. Sorry :slight_smile:

ok , I saw ONE once at a Rattay gate.

Sort of an irrelevant reply considering I didn’t claim people shouldn’t be happy, I’m happy, I like the game… But people making excuses that they’re a small company or whatever are naive… They charge AAA money for a game, that game should be finished, no excuses… If they needed time to finish, they shouldn’t have released the game, quite simple really and I’m sure it would’ve probably been the better option.

This is a product that is being sold, would you accept a damned half eaten sandwich and be fine with it because “They’re trying guys, give them time to finish the sandwich”… No, you wouldn’t…

3 Likes

That is true. Just look at no man sky. They didn’t get a pass, but they also didn’t deserve it. At least WH is trying to fix it. That is more than I can say for most.

1 Like