1080ti, 6700k unstable gpu utilization and fps inconsistency

Hi, it Looks like you OC your GPU. What FPS do you get in Default Settings and how stable is the fps?

Yes i do a bit of overclocking on both cpu and gpu, cpu is stable for years and gpu isnt really pushed far. I know a thing or two about it, i am sure it’s stable. And also tried disabling OC with little result.
Walking around rattay using settings suggested above i get 85-90 gpu usage with 70-100 fps or just standin and i would be totally fine with that if not those sudden drops to 40s when there are many objects and ppl suddenly pop in a field of vision. When i start a fight in town, guards appear in some numbers and fps drops.
It sure has symptoms of CPU bottleneck, i can see similar things when closin in on battles in Total War Three Kingdoms but there mostly gpu is 98-99 loaded and it may be drops to 75 at worst with fps still being good

which cpu are you useing?

That would be 6700k at 4.5 ghz

Ok. I don’t think this cpu is really a Bottleneck. But it could be a Timing issue with CPU and Memory and GPU and GPU Memory Clock Speed. So I’m out of ideas here. But you should check your Mainboard Bios Firmware to be up to date. It !!could !! be a Timing issue from the Mainboard aswell…

Btw: you can make a test and downclock your System a bit to see if it still goes down to 40fps in fights……

Out of curiousity i ran a Hitman 2 on highest setting with simulation quality set to “best” - this game is very CPU intensive, it can utilize up to 85% of my CPU and GPU is stable at 96-98% load, fps can be as high as 110. This is hungry, but at the same time very optimized game.
With KCD i guess it just may be some system-game specific issue i really have no time and patience to deal with unfortunitely :frowning: