20% chance my save won't save

So, I now own this game for both PS4 and now the xb1 and I’ve noticed that the very issue I was hoping to escape is cross platform: I speak of the dreaded save fails. Everyday I play this game and every day I find myself hours behind where I left off.
I would venture to guess that 1 in every 5 saves fails. Sometimes I’ll take precautions (like autosaving, running to bed, manual saving and even exit saving) only to find myself missing the hour’s worth of potions brewed, or re-completing already completed missions etc.
Guys, I obviously really, really like this game but this is a HUGE problem. This is turning my gameplay streams into daily reruns and immersion has turned to impatience into exploitation of mechanics.
I went from a noble knight to a nihillistic serial killer, all because I’m losing patience and disproportionately overreacting.
Please tell me that there is a patch on the way. Because I now I’m super rich from murdering and selling victems’ property but too reluctant to commit to the main storyline for fear of unbearable repetition.

Have u checked this doesnt happen in other games? Could be your HD.

Couldn’t you check to see if the save file is there before you quit the game? I know you shouldn’t have to but that would take about 10 seconds tops.

Unfortunately it’s happening on both my PS4 and my XB1, so I’m more inclined to suspect software, rather than hardware, as the culprit

I do, occasionally. When I’m satisfied that it’s saved, I’ll turn it off. But sometimes even my confirmed saves might not be there when I power my device up again.

That’s strange… Make sure you keep your old saves deleted off your HD… I’ve heard that it’s an issue on consoles when there are too many save files.

It’s true, I do normally have all save slots maxed out. Just reacquired routine ii and brewed a few dozen savior snapps to experiment on saves. Will try minimizing slots as well, thank you.

No problem… Hope it works.

1 Like

Tried it out a few times and not one lost save. Thanks, buddy

1 Like

I playon Xboxone x. It will happen to me too. It gives me a infinite loading screen, without saving the game. It only happens in a couple places for me. Sometimes it will happen when I don’t give the area time to load in.

This is a major problem though. I play a lot of Bethesda games; so it doesn’t bother me that much. Plus I always have a lot of savior schnapps. But I know how much of a pain this can be; especially in hardcore mode.

1 Like

No problem, that’s awesome!

I have this exact same problem on my PS4… and it is driving me nuts because the other game I play most of the time (Fallout 4) has gotten the dreaded 0kb error and I cant save any progress because of it (I am playing/streaming both games, but my FO4 character is a survival character and I dont want to lose all my progress on it). I feel so defeated that I dont want to game at all since it seems like such a crap shoot if any progress I make might be lost at any time. I really hope this bug gets fixed. I am so frustrated.

1 Like

I took the advice of keeping the save slots to a minimum and it has since not had a single problem. I own this game for both PS4pro and xb1x and this problem was playing my progress. Haven’t had an issue in the last two days. Just keep your saves down to 3 or 4. =)

1 Like