A bird in the hand bugged

Hi,

I’ve been working on the quest and I’ve lost my 3rd cage. When I dropped it I got no marker to it on the map and it didn’t drop on the ground.
It is neither in my inventor nor in my horses inventory now.

Is there a way to get another cage? I’m playing on PC, so adding one via cheats would be okay for me.

3 Likes

Same bug for me, however when I drop the empty bird cage for the third nightingale, the box disappears after it captures the bird.

1 Like

Same bug here on on PC. Third cage not there when i try to pick it up but quest marker still shows it. Seems to be the issue because I dropped the first cage then waited before dropping the other two.

Please send a Bugreport to:
support@kingdomcomerpg.com
Thank you!

Every report helps!!!

Xbox one x same problem bird cage is gone. If i could buy more cages that would help?

I was able to finish this by leaving the cage marked “B” for last.

What I did was pick up the C cage first, then the D cage, and finally B which was still there (but the marker wasn’t on the map).

To me it seems the bug is tied to the cage B, if you pick it up first or second it makes the D cage disappear (at least for me it did).

After this I rode straight back to the huntsman and turned it in before saving (since saving will also cause you to get stuck in dialogue).

1 Like

For me the quest bugged when I had to turn it in, I basically finished it, but I can’t get out of the conversation screen afterwards, now I have to search for another save file way back. :angry:

2 Likes

YES!! This is why i came here because i cant get past that conversation. I turn it in. Get the rewards but then i cant get out of the conversation

Happens every time i try

When I speak to the character responsible for the task with 3 birds in order to complete the task i
receive rewards but then i cannot close the conversationt window (it requires quiting via console)

There are spaces which are wide enough to jump into them but too narrow to reach the ground. That results in very iritating hanging.

After changing gamma setting game is displayed in smaller screen

The game has so many irritating bugs that not giving total freedom of saving is the worst possible idea. I have replayed some parts many times just because of bugs.

Ive encountered a bug (version 1.2.1) where when i go to turn in the " A bird in the Hand", the game freezes in the dialog after handing over the 3 nightingales and recieving the arrows and groschen.

If it means anything, i took a while to complete the quest, as i was doing other stuff.

1 Like

I completed this quest without any issue the first time around.

I then had an older save file, when handing the quest in I then encountered the some bug you’re talking about. It may of been bugged after the recent patch as it seemed to work fine the first time.

Same problem. When I deliver the cages to guy in Rattay I get the reward and the notification that I finished the quest but then I’m stuck in the dialogue with no other reply option or anything. Can’t access the settings, inventory, etc.

PC, vers. 1.2.1

Yep, same here - managed to get through it on the first try, but then I got stuck in another conversation that didn’t load and alt-f4’d out of the game and after reloading, can’t turn in the quest anymore without having to look at Henry’s idle animation for forever. Something about reloading the game after having picked up the last bird seems to cause this.

Hello, I captured the nightingales last night and just handed the quest and sadly am experiencing the same issue.

The same thing happened to me twice now. I also encountered another Issue in the forest. If you save while placing the baskets, the game buggs out and the last basket won’t show up.

Bug with the third bird cage dropping, when it captures the Nightingale the cage disappears, this happens every time I reload this save. The first two cages worked fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9obs4jVzg7Y&feature=youtu.be

Same happened to me. Tried reloading my save a dozen times but the cage kept disappearing. I had to reload an even older save were I hadn’t placed any cage yet. Lost about 2h of progression but I was able to catch all the birds. How I did it:

• set the trap when you find a bird but and wait but don’t pick it up yet, leave it behind for now
  • do the same for the second bird, again don’t pick up the cage yet
  • once again for the third bird and then start to pick up all the cages

That worked for me. But now I have another bug which doesn’t allow me to actually finish the quest. When I deliver the cages to guy in Rattay I get the reward and the notification that I finished the quest but then I’m stuck in the dialogue with no other reply option or anything. Can’t access the settings, inventory, etc.

So don’t worry too much about the cages, the whole quest is a mess atm :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve gone too far for that now lol. Let’s hope for a fix soon, I emailed the support team with a copy of my save and the video. So we’ll see how that goes. Thanks for the help though.

I’m having this issue now too. There must be a console command on pc that will end dialogue sequences. Wish we could get a list of commands.

Yeah. The console works during the freeze. I’d also be ok with a console command which auto completes the quest. I don’t care about the reward but I hate having unfinished quests in my quest log :smiley:

1 Like