A bird in the hand... problem

I am sorry to begin another topic but I couldn’t find a situation similar to mine. PS4 player here. I began this quest before patch 1.09 and forgot about it until now. Upon looking at my quest log/map I noticed that trap B is showing a location in Rattay near huntsman Berthold’s. I caught nightingale c and d in the woods, and they are both in my inventory. So I went back to Berthold and he only gives the option to repeat the call sound.
I plan to go back and search the woods to look for cage B. It’s been quite a while and many saves back since I started this quest so it really not possible to reload a save. Any suggestions for a fix? Or work around? Thanks in advance.

I’d say your S.O.L. and abandon it. I haven’t seen a thread with a solution yet that wasn’t going back to the start of the quest, and you said it is way too far back for your liking.

Probably so. Oh well, this is the first quest that has bugged out on me so I really can’t complain. I wish I could finish the quest is all. If only they could make it so I could get one more cage…

This

I ended up murdering the huntsman :rage:

Interesting. I am playing on normal difficulty. Perhaps there is some way to find the “missing” cage?

Hmm i doubt it. I tried searching the house top to bottom, looted chests and pick-pocketed the huntsman. NADA. I then tried loading traps through the nexus cheat mode as someone had indicated it worked for them. That didn’t work so I loaded empty cages and redeploying but that didn’t work. The devs now have blood on their hands as the huntsman had to die to get rid of that annoying marker. Hope you find a solution cos it really bugged me and I wasted hours trying to work round it. :persevere:

Edit: A few days later and riding through Rattay I see a familiar figure dressed in green and yellow. Berthold has made a miraculous resurrection. Hallelujah God be Praised ! :pray::angel:

Should maybe add that I verified game files to fix an inventory selection bug and this may have caused him to be resurrected.

Poor Berthold, may he Rest In Peace.

Berthold is the only seller of better piercing arrows.
I did the quest under 1.6 and did not have problems on PC and with mods. just followed procedure correctly. One trap at a time and don’t mess with the bandits , oh and save just before starting the mission.

Oh did not know that! ,but I never buy arrows so no Biggie

Had no problem doing it in Normal, but in HC I slept during the quest (after messing with the Bandits :grimacing: ) and that was probably when it all went wrong