A damn shame

Dumbshit guide for n00bs
step 1: aquire a good steed
step 2: buy saddle bags
step 3:do Robard’s bandit hunts, that will net you some fat loot to sell
kill all the bandits with a bow equipped with long range arrows
take their shit, haggle with the merchants but haggle and give him more money (that will increase your reputation)
when your reputation is increased, prices get cheaper, you sell for more and it’s one of fastest ways to make money aside from stealing

after you get about 1.5-2K Grocshen from each camp (provided your horse can carry all the valueable loot)
you can buy some decent armor and repair kits
once you have that you can actually go around carelessly and kill everyone in your path provided you trained enough or paid for training

I am playing on PC i7 6700 k (no overcklock) 16gb ram GTX 1070 120gb SSD all settings except shader and shadows(which are set to high) are on maximum and so far I had 0 crashes and 0 freezes. FPS is pretty comfortable too.
@Mamastoast
Well I’d say we’re looking for different kind of experience then. Because from the start of the game I felt Henry was really weak and rightfully so – he’s just a blacksmith’s boy with no combat experience, not a chosen one! And I also felt incentive to make him better, or at least on par with some of the toughest enemies in game, and so I did it by rigorously training with guard captain (which is part of the story, by the way, unless you think just one training during the initial quest will suffice to make a good swordsman out of a peasant, which is obviously isn’t the case) And you’re right, I’m really enjoying the feeling of building up my strength from literally zero. I’m sad you don’t yet appreciate what this game offers to you - a great deal of realism, but I think in due time you’ll enjoy it as well :wink:

I don’t doubt that realism was their vision, which is why hopefully they’ll patch some things. I made another thread about it – the game is too easy. It really shouldn’t be, considering Henry is a blacksmith’s son. Now he’s clearing bandit and Cuman camps with ease. Even with full plate armor and quality weapons, Henry should still be struggling. He shouldn’t have some sort of superhuman intuition that slows down time when he’s attacked. He also shouldn’t have super strength that allows him to cut down fully plated enemies with one swing of his sword.

It’s like they didn’t even bother to test higher level gameplay. It’s like they only tested how it is when Henry is at his weakest – and that’s how the gameplay should be throughout. Some training should allow him to not be so clumsy with his weapons, and be able to move better with armor. But it should never be easy cutting down enemies whose entire career is based around being able to tear apart people like Henry.

2 Likes

I’m starting to regret not going for the PC version… Cuz the Xbox version, while not being unplayable, it has a tendency to freeze on me when I’m opening the map up

I kind of find it strange that as a blacksmith apprentice he isn’t strong at the beginning. I mean I can understand him sucking at everything else combat related but the strength attribute probably should have been higher if they were going for realism lol

And I agree with you fully, in fact I sent an email to their support a couple of days ago, specifying that fixing overly high damage of Henry once he’s increased his skills should be a top priority, because theres little challenge in battles then and thus no fun at all. Hopefully they will listen and roll out a hot fix sooner than the expected patch in two weeks

I would highly suggest taking up alchemy. Not only will it very cheaply take care of your issue with the save system, but there are multiple other useful decoctions that you can brew up. Such as poisons, marigold decoctions, etc. that could assist you with your other complaints.

This game also has probably the best alchemy mechanics I’ve seen too. Very neatoh

3 Likes

Seriously. This game isn’t that hard. These guys just aren’t RPG players.

2 Likes

Well, to be fair, they probably are rpg gamers. They’re just new age rpg gamers. I grew up with games like Chrono Trigger, Baldur’s Gate, etc. Games that if you weren’t good enough or didn’t practice enough, would whoop your ass. I love Skyrim and Fallout, but they’re easy mode compared to old games.

2 Likes

I’ve played BG 1, 2, ToB all the way through several times. That had tougher strategy, yes, but this requires a lot of delicate handwork that is very different. Just because we also aren’t good at twitch games or things that require precision timing doesn’t make us bad at rpgs or or even old ones. I love all of the thought that went into this game, but there are serious issues.

Anyone who has issues with the saving system because of issues with freezing are 100% in the right. It’s insanely frustrating.

Well yes, the game clearly needs more patching, but the game itself isn’t terribly difficult once you get adjusted. My point is that many people have played less than 15 hours, yet are complaining that it’s too difficult. They need to give it more time than that to be taken seriously.

Completely agree. I’m not sure if the pc version is easier than the console versions, but the fun is being sucked out of the game for me too. Far too many frustrating game mechanics, glitches and crashes - a real shame.

Ya, I grew up on console Oblivion and original Deus Ex. Difference is I went back and played the original Fallouts after NV and F3. I went back and played the original Wasteland. He’ll, I’m really into Elex right now and people are saying that game is hard. It’s straight up because it’s not Skyrim.

2 Likes

The combat system is amazing and more than one opponent is no obstacle once you get some practice:

2 Likes

Awkward feeling when you’ve made about 100 Saviour Snapes and haven’t even got wankered with a priest yet…

very good use of the masterstrikes. i still can’t get those timed right. i rely mostly on feints and they seem work ok if i just aim for their head and one hit kill them

Greetings, I would like to do an advanced combos video, but my game bugged last night and I was unable to do anything, I’ll try to fix it today and with luck make the video, hopefully it will be helpful.

I love the game, and what the devs are going for, but this is just not ready. The gameplay is horrendous. I’ve been playing now for 5 hours and all I’ve managed to do is get locked in talmbarg. I need to get to skalzig to bury my folks, byt the guard won’t let me out, so I have to steal armour (no lockpicks antywhere, everything is locked, and at the start of the game I don’t have enough money to do the 2nd story objective (even without buying a thing). So i have to steal stuff, then I have to wait hours and hours wandering the castle like a ghost cause the game won’t let me use the wait function (there’s no delay), so I’m trapped yet again by the horrid game mechanics. I get what your going for, but when did the idea of FUN enter into the gameplay discussions? This is more like actually living in teh medieval period bent with torment and frustration. Then there’s the frustrations with being punished for exploring (something most games reward you with). Getting thrown out of the city because I wandered into a house and ignored a order to leave for one order.

Then there’s the combat which is attrocious. the idea is great, but getting massed when 1. you’re trapped in 1st person and have zero situational awareness when there are people bejind you bashing your head in.

LESS REALISM AND MORE FUN PLEASE!!! This game is not ready for release yet. I’d wait!

1 Like

Actually the trader in Talmberg sells lockpicks, so the torment you’re speaking of is completely optional.
The game is ready for release, apart for some bugs that will be fixed, you’re just not ready for this kind of game I guess.