A method to clean-up the halberds mess

… unless you start rolling out some mods

What does the “some time” mean?
I’ve piled them up in the camp near the Rattay lower gate but the pile is still there even after some 10 in-game days…

1 Like

One of halberds I tested yesterday. It was on main Rattay square. I went to few shops to sell the loot and when back on square it was gone. 10min gameplay time maybe?

Well… then lucky you.

I will check again this evening. Still have some halberds at upper gate in Rattay. They dont bother me much per se. I asked on Czech forum the developer,how this cleaning system works (if at all) and what triggers it. No answer unfortunately.

A while ago (Feb 16th), I reported that I couldn’t manage to keep/store halberds etc at Chez Peshek. WH QA told me (Mar 8th) ‘yes all items will eventually despawn’. Items = polearms

In taking polearms to Peshek’s, despawn was 1-2 game days with exception of one spear that has remained in the barn now for over 100h

Not 100% sure but there seems to be a touching threshold that triggers despawn. When i dropped a halberd outside the Rattay armory/dormitory, it stayed there for game days. After taking it to Peshek’s, it disappeared next return visit (1 game day).

I did a quick test in Rattay yesterday. I picked and drop back halberds on several spots in town.

1. At gallows at main square 1pc
  2. At tavern close to uppergate 1pc on dirt and 1 pc stayed placed against the fence
  3. Bridge at upper town gate 7pcs
  4. Bridge at upper castle gate 4pcs
    Then Henry went for 10 hours sleep at Pirkstein.
    Result after Henry woke up:
  5. Halberd at gallows was gone
  6. Halberd at tavern laying in dirt was gone but the one placed against the fence was still there
  7. All 7 halberds were still there
  8. All 4 halberds still there
    Weird :grinning:

Happy to hear it, in my game I also had halberds in Talmberg castle along the fortifications, there are also some hard to find spots in Rattay like inside the guard barracks in the middle of the town, guards throw their halberds near the beds.

I will try further with moving those halberds (from both bridges and the one standing against the fence) somewhere else. Maybe not touching the dirt layer of the game word prevents them from despawing. And maybe they are bugged forever :grin:

Looks like you get to keep being the clean up guys for another week. Patch delayed…again