A Rock And A Hard Place (Possible Spoiler Method)

I’ve noticed a few people are having issues with this quest being bugged and/or broken. I was experiencing the same type of issues, then I had an idea to infiltrate the Talmberg guard. The ‘Money for Miners’ is within a hard lock lvl chest in one of the guard towers. No buggy NPCs or faulty quest times. I found this out about 2 ingame days after I already gave the poison to the stable master lol. I hope this helps those who are stuck in the same quest or getting there.
\m/x_x\m/

1 Like

Yes, it is not too hard to steal the gold in Talmberg and hence avoid your friends or honest guards getting killed. The quest designers made this very tricky and force you to choose one of many bad outcomes, but that route is the less negative of them all.

In fact, I placed 3200 Groshen in the chest and took the quarry money (3000) :stuck_out_tongue:
even if the game does not really allow us to find a good solution.
I also gave the blacksmith at the quarry a lot of Groshen.

I know the game will not recognize that there is 3200 money in that chest still and I might suffer consequences later (don’t know really yet).

Funny story : I then talked to Rupert at the quarry who thanks me for helping them… I felt odd as technically I stole their salaries according the game.