About the different story acts

Lmao :DD I really don´t think prague will be present…

2 Likes

Well maybe Prague will be visible from far away. A possibility would be for Henry to infiltrate himself in only a small part of Prague, maybe during the night. Remember in Assassin’s Creed 2, you are going to Rome, but you can’t access the entire city. We will see but in that case, I hope the game will be really optimized, else we are just going to die there :smiley:

You need around an hour with a car to travel from Sazava to Prague, so no, this is too far away.

Okay, indeed I don’t think that the city will be visible from far away in that case. that’s not a problem, I like the idea of not being in a large city :slight_smile:

But there will be cities in Kingdom Come Deliverance of course :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seriously guys you are reading too much into the announcement. You don’t need to be a nuclear scientist to figure out what’s going on. There is no way they will include what was supposed to be in the ACT II and III into the current game. 1) If they aren’t able to implement basic things such as blacksmithing (when the main hero is a blacksmith) even with 2 years postponement, they can hardly have enough time to add story content that was planed for the later two acts. 2) If it was the case, they would explicitely say so. That’s something you absolutely want to brag about, don’t you think? You simply don’t add 30-40 hours worth of content in secret with just some vague commentary on a gamesite that no one ever heard of…

What it really is about is that “cutting” game into Acts is a bad PR, because people are not gonna listen to long explanations, and people who are not familiar with the kickstarter campaign will just think “oh, so we are gonna get just 1/3 of the full game? Nah, not interested, tell me when you’ll have a full game”, which is quite terrible and unfair considering how huge KC:D Act I is supposed to be on it’s own. So they just officially droped that division into acts, without really changing anything in the main story of the Act 1 (and I don’t try to refute their claim that the game generaly got bigger, I believe they added more quests and content as they say, but hardly the whole two acts). And when they now say that KC:D will be closed story, that’s not really a change at all. They always said it’s gonna have an end of it’s own, that’s day 1 info from the kickstarter.

Even before the info about the scrapping of the divison into acts there were already some mentions from WH that they won’t do Act II and III, but that they will rather connect them together into one game. And that’s my guess - that KC:D 2 will be actually Act II + Act III.

6 Likes

@DrFusselpulli
What does this mean for backers that are eligible for act II/actIII? Will actII/actIII be included in KDC or will they get a free copy of KDC2?

@serk
Where did you get your information :slight_smile:

If you’re right, I wonder how that would work for backers who’s pledge reward included act 1+2 but not 3 0_o

Maybe:
High backer reward act1+2 = KCD2
Highest backer reward act1+2+3 = KCD2 + DLC or KCD2 plus Game3

I don´t think it´s a problem for WH to make a good solution.

From the interview posted above:

I disagree man. This game always represented the beginning of an ongoing narrative, a story that would span the three acts. It was never spoken about to my recollection that Act 1 would be a closed-story game but in fact the complete opposite… the start of the broader story arc.

Anyway I never expected that they’d be able to consolidate everything from the three Acts into one stand-alone game. I was simply curious to understand in a bit more detail just what Tobi was referring to in the quoted interview.

I’m trying to bleed these guys dry for detail :smile:

Since absolutely nothing was ever discussed about the content of those acts, calling them acts, DLC, or separate and self contained titles is completely meaningless.

The only problem being, what happens to the initial backers?

I wasn’t arguing about what they would be called… we were discussing the notion of a closed story game in the context of KCD.

As an initial backer, there’s no great change for my Tier. But I do recall other Tiers that referenced gaining access to the subsequent Acts? (games, whatever) …so not sure how that will be impacted by this change. Perhaps not at all… it might simply just be a change in naming and description. And backer rewards at those legacy Tiers remain in-tact.

Yes, I meant what happens to the initial (high tier) backers? About 1k people based on the Kickstarter. Either call the initial game acts 1-3, and lower tiers get a free bonus, or give the people affected the second, and possibly third games. I assume an announcement will be made once they have decided.

My original point stands though, since we knew absolutely nothing about what the original acts were supposed to be, their length, content, and name are all irrelevant.

Thanks for your input

From the King tier description:
Acts II and III: Act II (approx. 9 months after Act I) and Act III (approx. 9 months after Act II). Please note that we cannot guarantee developing these Acts; while it is our best intention to do so at this moment, circumstances beyond our control may force us to alter our plans.

FAQ section:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Act I, as it is planned, is a full scale, stand-alone game. It has 30+ hours of gameplay, complete open world map, all quests and closed story line.

1 Like

Good ol trusty disclaimer :smile:

@Freix I should probably read the FAQ :thinking: …In all the other media and threads over the last few years, I can’t recall anybody explicitly suggesting it was a closed story line. Maybe I was just ignorant to that fact… ah well cheers for the info though :beers:

We will see… I hope that Tobi will talk a bit about our interrogations in the christmas video and give some kind of “explanation”, it’s not really the good term, maybe their “plans” for the future. It’s clearly understandable that what they planned years ago has changed…it’s normal in my opinion.

1 Like