Actionable quality expectations/goals

so would fatal in game crashes qualify as game breaking? you lose the progress but you can go back to your last save

A crash is not game breaking, no. At least, not an occasional one. Many games crash for random reasons but do so very rarely. Constant crashing is a different story and is more indicative of an actual problem in need of solving.

let’s try a different approach. you have to pick the bugs that get fixed first. what are you fixing first?

do you know if vendors get numbers from Sony on fatal CE crashes? or, is that just for Sony?

what would be constant, persistent or too many crashes?

We are not downplaying anything. Not going to turn this into a thus game that game thread however for the last 10 + years all games of a similar vain as kingdomcome that has come out was in worse shape at launch then kingdomecome. But we are just curious about maybe finding a consesus on what should take priority wether this helps the devs or not who knows

No idea, sorry.

I mean, if the game is crashing every day, that’s a problem. Once a week? That sucks but I wouldn’t make much of it. Once a week certainly wouldn’t make it as high a priority as save-related issues (lost or corrupted ones, not simply disliking the save system itself).

As I wrote, I have not myself luckily bumped into any game STOPPING, bugs. But I maintain my views that the game is still in testing phase and we have been led to believe that the game was finished. So hit away all you want. I am re-downloading game now. Will start over and submit an extensive list of all the bugs I encounter. A bug do not have to be game stopping you know, there just have to be enough of them before I deem a game Unenjoyable, and sold on false premise.

understand. my point is that add enough minor and you get a major. what are the minor ones that add up to a major is what i’m looking to you and others for guidance on. if you don’t know or have a strong opinion, that’s fine.

I would pick the game breaking bugs other people are reporting first. Like the save issues and dead quests. Second I would pick optimisation and weeding out glitches.

Yeah, and everyone has different breaking points when it comes to what they’re willing to put up with relative to how much they’re enjoying a game. Minor bugs to me that happen occasionally and go away upon restart might be big deals to you or someone else.

For example, I want the archery contest bug fixed, where you can finish a match or two then start another and it won’t complete because one of the NPCs just stands there doing nothing the whole time. Someone mentioned going up to pull the arrows after finishing the last one, and I’m going to try that next time to see if it helps or not.

But, I can avoid doing archery contests if I have to, or just do one every so often after loading a save. It’s not a high priority compared to other things related to saving or quests not working, but it’s something I’d like to do and practice at.

Are you a dev?

no, but am familiar with how some software vendors think and work

So what are you hoping to achieve then?

Devs do read the forum, I’ve had 1 private message me a couple of times to gather info on certain bugs I’ve reported. I believe that is the point in the post is hopfuly to see if a consensus in the community where we would like to see the devs focus.

What do you need guidance for? Are YOU gonna fix the issues?

as stated above, a list of criteria that KCD users can point to. client relations and management depends on knowing what the clients want. this is just one possible way to articulate such

there’s no obligation on WH’s behalf expressed or implied. this is just a resource for them to separate the noise from actionable information. in business, at times, that is gold

But all you are doing right now is debating your views against mine, in a very policing manner. As you wrote and are right about, many minor bugs ends up becoming major ones. And as I wrote, these bugs glitches and optimization problems renders the game, as a whole, to be not much more than beta. Why do you want to know what order I would fix it?

Every repair job has to start somewhere

1 Like

because in business you have opportunity cost and a limited scope of what you can do at one time. expressing what users (you) value most is intended to say what matters most to them (you)

Oh dude I am sorry. Misunderstood you. Read with my defensive glasses on. :yum: Just misunderstood your intentions. Sry bout that.