Adding a combat mode without locking

It would be better if it always worked as this, but it seems to aim to whoever it wants instead of who I intend it to every so often, sometimes even a corpse which walked upright a second ago. And even if it worked right, you still would have to do your aiming which is never very precise in that kind of a rush situation when there are three cumans attacking you and you’re trying to maneuver to avoid the bow of one of them.

I find myself in a complete consent with the rest of what you’re saying.

Matter of time, I guess. As I said, a beta is all about feedback. I am pretty sure they will be taking in count the feedback and the suggestions of the people, or at least I hope so.

1 Like

TAB cycles the targets

Back then this feature didn’t exist.

P.S Look at the date of the comments. xd

jeeez, my bad. :slight_smile:

All the options you give are kinda shit. Terrible. Anyone with any sense will tell you this. The softlocking is terrible. The hardlocking is even worse.
This game SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN RELEASED WITH A COMPLETELY BROKEN combat system. The system as it is now is COMPLETELY BROKEN. It is made of the worst elements of combat systems. And its a prime example of how console gaming is killing PC gaming.
i cannot understand how this game is released with such a broken system. It could be great… if it wasnt completely broken.

@AvatharBehemoth
If something is completely broken then it doesn’t work. The combat system in the game works fine for me and for many others. Without any profound arguments shouting like this you sound like another I-know-it-all douchy hater, man.

Youre kind of dismissive even when you agree that the locking system is terrible.
My biggest problem is there seem to be rules which either change or act differently when (especially when) you fight multiple opponents or… as it seems… an opponent with armore exceeding or close to your weapon damage values. Because then suddenly my strikes are not dealt or at least not until after pressing the mouse button 3 or 4 times. Often the strike stops mid air. These mechanics are not explained. Only after looking at multiple youtube vids did i get the importance of weapon damage versus armour, regarding stamina, but there seem to be more hidden mechanics at work.
So the combat system is broken or at the very least made so obscure that it is practically broken.
You dont sound like a douchy hater, you sound like a douchy ass licker. And a console peasant. Have a nice day.

Asking for the combat system to be completely redesigned is simply not going to happen. Name a better system? Skyrim? That was terrible. The same with Skyrim stealth.

This system isn’t perfect, but it’s not going to change. What can change is you learning how it works and making the best of it. The combat is at its best 1v1 but all you have to do with multiple opponents is turn them into a series of 1v1s.

That only works because KCD NPCs have poor squad tactics.

The lock on appears to enable of the game’s fechtbuch style. The current implementation screws up initiative (surprise attack) strikes and delays combat reaction (shifting enemies). The larger problem though is the game treats its fechtbuch as the end all of combat. Fighting and winning as a team involves more than having individual tactical skill (Germany vs South Korea last World Cup)

There are some squad combat moments, in Pribyslavitz for example. They fight in lines or squares. Funnily enough, I’m probably the only one that noticed it, or that I have seen mention it, but the enemies in the middle of the formations are immortal and will never die until the enemies on the ends have died first. They will sit on 1HP.

it’s artificial. the game puts them in a physical line and that limits spacing but the NPCs don’t really fight as a line. the lock ons pushes and pulls NPCs and makes a shambles of the line. leaves flanks open all over the place.

best example of the faux line in cold blood hot steel. the hedges form the edges of the line, not actual squad formation. i’ve gone back after/before that battle… doesn’t look the same.

battle spawn points are fun as heck but again poor squad tactics

you can do crazy stuff and circle around and tear up the guys towards the center but beyond that yeah you’re right. regarding the ends and the lack of squad tactics, the NPCs really have lackluster flank awareness. you can go the edge and wreck the line. much more than you should be able to do. it’s so straightforward it’s akin to the naval tactic of crossing the T in its simplicity and lethal effectiveness