After 2 weeks. I'm giving up on this mess of a game

Yep just you wait another year or so, with the release of mod tools the game would be made into hentai erotic zero skill skyrim, which players like you enjoy.

4 Likes

Some great combat tips already posted.
Really look at the weapons and which types of damage they deal. Untrained peasants magicly taking down trained fighters, in groups and armoured… I’m not sure what you are expecting.

Some players get so good at the fight mechanics they actually kill every bandit in the initial attack on Skalitz (actually not understanding we are supppsed to ‘run’…)

More training woth Bernard is the moddle ground that advanced players really encourage neophytes like myself to undergo…

On the topic of loading- saying a 2018 game shouldn’t take this long to load is an odd argument.
Most people want enhanced graphics and games that make use of more memory etc. Open world games are notorious for long loading times (at least initially).

KCD has never taken a full ten seconds to load (either initial or ingame/after settings changes etc…), and my hardware is mostly four years old (and not top of the line then).
For comparison- forza 3 horizon takes as long as the console version… so at least KCD isnt limited to the lowest common denominator just to make consoles look good.

I have two words that wil solve your battle issues, bow and arrow. to investigate runt’s camp try to kill one of the soldiers when they’re alone, then wear their clothes to enter the camp.

As others have said you have to practice to get better or go the no kill route. if you don’t want to do that this game isn’t for you.

I initially sucked at the game until I realized you have to train with captain Bernard to unlock certain abilities like perfect blocks and master strikes. Once you learn that taking camps of bandits is much easier considering most of them die after one headstab. Sounds like you just suck at the game, got your shit pushed in after expecting to Rambo, and now you’re whining for nothing like a bitch.

3 Likes

Other advice could be: train with Bernard to get skill above 5 and then ask him to teach you the master technique. That’s type of block after which you aromatically hit your opponent (he cannot block that).
It needs really good timing (harder than the slow-motion block) but it gets easier with higher combat skills.
3-4 well equip enemies will still be challenging but you will have a chance.

Speaking of equip, I usually ask Bernard about some work - that is a good source for it. Don’t forget you can use sneaking, poising and archery (just make sure you have bow and arrow damage over 60 otherwise it’s more for hunting hares than fighting).

P.S. I dont know if you saw this, but someone answered your previous topic and it is not "“get good”. You may want to take a look.

There are things that you are saying but I haven’t experienced:-

Loading times:- Loading times on my PC is super duper fast.The game loads a lot faster than Fallout 4 or Modrim.This game like other games is in my SSD.

Redoing a quest because of a glitch:- Never happened to me and hard to believe happening to someone with 1.5 patch.

Too difficult:- The game is if anything too easy mid-late game.That is why hardcore mode is coming.

Side quests:- Some of the side quests are awesome but there are a few that are boring.There are a lot of space for improvement.Also the number of side quests in this game is low compared to AAA games.

Wait for the mod tools to come.The game will be a lot better and much more accessible with it hopefully.

1 Like

Git gud or gtfo

2 Likes

Why do forums always have to have the same bell-ends? Tough guys on a keyboard. In real life you’d piss your pants if i took a remotely threatening tone. Feel free to put your money where your mouth is. I’m happy to tell you where i am. Otherwise say sorry for the insult and admit you don’t have the balls to back it up.

IM if you want to come see me and see how much of a whiney bitch i am. Please do. I really want you to.

Yawn. Boring response. At least try to be original.

Did i say too difficult? I said multi enemy combat is a mess and unenjoyable. Sorry, but the game is generally a mess. I’m going to play something done well. It’s actually embarassing a developer would put this out.

I can’t believe aftee my post the same idiots still feel compelled to say the same moronic thing. People are fucking thick as pigshit like.

This is what you noobs get for response.
Im done with ur kind of gamer.
Whining on a forum that its too difficult for you

Git gud or gtfo is the new motto here
Am i right @Kirksty

2 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself, sir!

Did i complain it was too difficult? I said the mechanics were a mess. Basic ability to comprehend a simple point is clearly beyond you. Just shout ‘git gud’ without addressing the issue though. Clearly you aren’t too bright.

He didn’t say anything rude so there’s no need to attack him. You just arent good at adapting to something which isn’t a triple A trend-fest. We think those games are more for your er, ‘likings’. :wink:

Fighterplane- you seem to pick and choose your replies- ignoring anything of substance and rather prefer antagonising with a community who enjoy the game and may have been offering answers to your ill defined issue.

Im not challenging you. I speak on forums as I do with people from all walks of life. Honestly, enthusiastically, and not always ego based. (Only sometimes ego based :wink: )

Many on these forums have had to answer time and time again similar ‘complaints’, mostly from users who dont understand that this is an rpg goverend by character skill and not player skill only.

Develop the character (most advice given here-so far seemingly ignored), and combat will become easier.
Play with weapon types and combat styles. Open up iseful character skills (combat related), and build Henry somewhat.

A peasant, untrained in combat, without proper provisions is unlikley to take down four armed trained combatants. Controller skills isnt the be all and end all in character stat governed games.

Most people saying ‘get gud’, are likely just twlling you you havent played enough to develop your henry or learn the underlying mechanics.

Any reason ye not responding to any useful posts about shields and training new combat techniques?

I love this game but I am up for healthy criticism.
Fighting multiple enemies in this game is no way ideal with this targeting system.There is a lot of rooms for improvement here for the next game.
But the thing is fighting with multiple armoured enemies in real life is kinda like this too…
U cannot swiftly change your position to target a new opponent…game took inspiration from real life not martial art movies…

Hey bud if you get angry at text on the screen you need to reconsider your thought process.

Anywho what I do is I will attack one guy with a couple strikes then run, repeat. A tip that I can recommend with a sword is before you stab make sure the attack star is highlighted at the top like you’re going to do a high strike and stab. This will stab them in the face with a long sword.
Use axe and shield. Its a lot easier than a sword.

You said u can’t win againt multiple enemies and also u are crying about not having quests to suit your level…
And are also telling me that the game is not difficult for you lol
Fighting against multiple enemies is ezy for a mid level character.
In a combat the most important part is positioning yourself right…so that most of the enemies are in your field of view…

1 Like