All that glisters crash (PS4)

So I think I’m right at the end of the mission. I’m in the mines and have persuaded sir Ulrich to leave. I then arrest the other guy, the cutscene plays and the game immediately crashes. I’ve tried this three times only to have the same thing happening each time. So now I’m officialy stuck on the main quest if I can’t find a workaround. This is a serious issue that needs fixing stat since it blocks any further progress on the main questline. If there’s some way to transfer my console save file to the devs so they could have a look at it to fix the problem I would be happy to do so. I know it’s possible for PC users, but I’m unsure about console.This is the first really gamebreaking issue I’ve encountered so far.

that sucks

Welp, thats got me worried, just about to take Ulrich to the mine on Xbox. I’ll let you know if i encounter the same issue.

1 Like

Had no issues on Xbox one, but theres just been a new patch released so might be worth giving it another go after patch?

this is just a suggestion that might or might not help

maybe the problem is with your save file try to load an even older save.

if that doesn’t help the only other suggestion I can give is to backup your save file and reinstall the game although am pretty sure that wont help.

I’ve found a thread on reddit with people who’ve experienced this. One person got it to work by waiting for one in-game day. Tried it and it didn’t work. I’m gonna try by killing Ulrich, which appearantly worked for another person. Alternatively not bringing Ulrich at all, though that’s gonna make it though getting though the cronies at the mine entrance. It doesn’t seem to be a common problem though, judging by the feedback here and on reddit.

Did you find a way to get around it?

The problem still exists in version 1.08. The game crashes whether I take Ulrich with me or not (one time he even got killed by bandits - didn’t help either). Please fix this major bug!

Somehow solved it. I just waited till 11 am of the next in-game day and it didn’t crash this time.

I tried that once and it didn’t work for me though I’ve heard it’s worked for others. I kind of just gave up. I don’t have the energy to put in to start a new game or load an older save if I think there’s a chance it’s going to break down on me, one way or another. It also bothers me they’re puttning out a DLC while gamebreaking problems like this still exisists with the base game. Fix that first.

I had the same issue and it must of crashed for me about 10 times as I just kept trying and trying out different combinations. I eventually managed to fix it and get past without a crash happening.

Not sure if it had any effect but one of the main things I did differently when it worked was that I didn’t fight any of the bandits outside of the cave, I just ran straight in.

I also never invited Ulrich along with me and I persauaded the guy in the mine to surrender rather than fight.

This was done a few days ago since the latest patch. Hope this helps!

Thanks. I’ll give it a try :slight_smile:

Any news about this issue post 1.09?

No luck then with the suggested fix?

Update

So I finally got back to playing the game and it seems like this issue’s been fixed by some patch in the meantime. I got past the place where it crashed before right away now at least.

1 Like