Amazed that Godwin scenes are missable!

I played the game about 60% through on a PS4 and decided that I needed to buy the PC version.

On my PS4 playthrough I passed the speech check with Father Godwin during Mysterious Ways mainquest and he tells me where Reeky is. I played on and assumed that was all there was to it.

However, on the PC gamplay my speech was not so high and it lead to some really great scenes and character building. It left me amazed that such a thing was completely missable.

Now I am wondering what other things I might be missing.

2 Likes

Yeah, I found it funny that you could bypass that too. Drinking with him is one of the best parts of the game lol. You can also tick him off, and refuse to drink with him once you get to the tavern, and go through the first part. Then you have to go through a different quest in Rattay to get the info you need from the scribe, and that quest makes it so the rest of the game, the scribe doesn’t just sleep all day. he actually gets up and works.

I got in fist fight with Godwin. Was pretty funny too. Man of cloth throwing all the swear words at me :slight_smile:

1 Like

The whole game is filled with missable scenes.
Its reacting to how you play. So differebt style different outcome. Awesome!

Wow really, that’s pretty amazing how it branches out.
Was thinking that in my 2nd playthrough I’d start with all starting points put in speech as the other stats seem easier to level but I’d miss out on extra questlines like this. I wonder how many I might have missed by passing a speech check.
It’s not clear that if a failed speech check will start another quest line, but that’s the whole point of KCD and replayability.
The latest example I had was damsel in distress, I could’ve passed the speech check but instead I wanted to be a knight in shining armor. :slight_smile: That was pretty cool.

Dunno. I like branching quests but not being punished for passing a speech check and missing out, I’ve just realised I done that ages ago and passed speech, so does that mean I miss that achievement ?

It’s the reason why I have a second Henry. One does everything (and steals everything) and the other is more for roleplaying (plus the virgin & merciful achievements). It would be boring not to try out all these crazy things.

Yep, this game has a ton of replay potential because every decision can change so much. Every time you do a quest, you can do something differently, and get a new experience.

1 Like

Not for me, it’s 95 percent repeating all the same shit, only minor changes not enough to warrant 2 playthrough imo. I do everything first and only playthrough. Absolutely hate missing content for that reason I know I won’t get to see it, unless I know that you get rewarded for either choice, be different if you pass you see an equally good quest. You don’t. You just miss out and feel annoyed. Ah well. Fuck it.

Why not just still give us the option to have a drink with him. Pretty stupid.

I drank with Godwin my first play through because I have low speech at the time. My 2nd play through I speech checked him, but reloaded to so I could drink with him again.

Dammit speech checked it and missed the entire sequence. Gonna look for an old save and do a play through.

Edit: restarted from Mysterious Ways and had a ball with Father G…excellent well done WH (GL with debugging the Rattay armourer and the Main Quest, waiting for the patch)

thats why i dislike people who play the game as fast as they can beat it once then and there done with it.

PS. i play on pc, im jw if 1.41 is out on console yet ?

1 Like

There’s an achievement for finishing the game without having sex. You (spoiler) have sex in that scene. I’m surprised you’re surprised.

1 Like

since thats 3 times thats not 2 hard . id say the real gem is the no kill achievement . to go the whole game not killing any1 is pretty tuff lol. i herd and seen online somewhere on google a work around for when u have to kill pious.

I took Pious out of the monastery. I got the key from the Prior. Then went in the side gate and let him see me. Then, as he walks by, I KO him and carry him away. You can’t kill on holy ground, right? No good Christian would do that. If he happened to get run over by a horse, or killed by bandits though, deus vult.

2 Likes

that is fucking awesome! lol

I have done that quest 3 times, 3 different ways, and have never had to actually kill him lol

1 Like

That’s why they say missions and quests can be completed different ways.