An artbook to Kingdom Come: Deliverance is in the making

13 of 32 pictures from Steam store page of KCD are not represented in game, as you said, NPCs don’t use horses outside of main quests for transportation. Especially, they’re not fighting from horseback. NPCs don’t stealth attack each other, don’t hunt animals outside of quest. Horse carriages don’t have any other function than contain loot.

I have a fondness for vignettes (and even good vignette DLC), but development around this type of scenario would be a huge deal for me. It would elevate long-term KCD game play

A re-work of Pribyslavitz supply wagons would make them (horse carriages/wagons) more than loot; they’d be the life’s blood of your settlement

After Playing W3 Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine Vignette DLC on kcd don’t seem very worth while to me.

Never played W3 hearts; got Ciri fatigue. Teresa is nice but KCD could do with a Yennefer

The W3 DLC’s are many times longer than KCD’s ( like 40 or more hours each)and integrated into flow of the game.

Exactly, more in my favour/argument… Warhorse sold us a random and free roaming NPCs world, where they were simulating all the time where an NPC would be (I remember Tobi’s words in one of their videos) and their interactions non-depending to the player existence, as if there would be a lively world full of NPCs interaction without boring spawn point and scripted AI behaviours (which are great to see the first times in the villages and a great job, but feels incomplete and predictable)… But NO, we got lazy spawn points with static “random” encounters that appear only if the player passes by, and due to their delays, you can even see sometimes how they are added to the world (eg. on the way to Sasau from Rattay, on a hill near the woodcutters camp). The world gets so repetitive and feels lifeless after a few trips around the map…

Was this promising over their capabilities, or just intentional hype to make sure you’ll buy the game? If you pretend to look different from other bigger companies and during your first trial you were lying, or either irresponsibly promising without knowing if you’ll be able to make it happen into your game, apart from constantly seeking money instead of only focusing on fixing your game/adding the cut content/announced features, please Warhorse, tell me what makes you different??? You abundantly used the “Hype train” :sunglasses::money_mouth_face:

WH also boasted of its transparency approach with the community… Where is the transparency now, when you have added more bugs with new “DLCs” that don’t allow some of your players to play the game anymore because of crashes in v.1.7.1 (which is not the first time that this situation has happened, so you can’t use anymore the excuse that you’re a small company, but a small one which sells over their capabilities)? Where are the reports telling us how is your work progressing in order to bring back all of the missing features that you were telling us during development? No, Warhorse simply ignores his own forum, we just have to check your Tweeters, where it’s hard to elaborately make constructive criticism but easy to make marketing and give a different impression from reality of the game current state thanks to fanboyism…

It’s such a shame and disappointment from a game that could have been far far more than what it is now… I stopped playing months ago, to come back and see that you’re still messing the game more than fixing it. It’s just my personal impression, but if you want to lose your more loyal fans and appeal more to casual gamers which will leave you as soon as they catch the next Hype Train, you’re doing a great job! :expressionless:

2 Likes

I still don’t get the guys that spawn along the remote paths at all hours of the day. They have a casualness to their walk. They don’t act suspicous at sight and sound of a horse approaching (potential signal of a Cuman coming). They don’t carry torches at night. They’re lightly armed (if that) on roads rife with murder and banditry.

I understand the current state for the first couple-few days after the sacking of Skalitz, but after that there should be a different dynamic.

2 Likes

How is it different to the one already on steam?