Another delay?

In all honesty, I am more than content (even having funded it. Maybe even more so) with waiting until the game is finished, folished, stable and working fine. I am so sick and tired of games being rushed out the door to meet some marketing deadline or season by greedy publishers, that end up as a hot, broken terirble and unfinished mess -cough- mass defect -cough-

The bitterness of a shite game lasts much longer than the sweet taste of an avoided delay.

2 Likes

Up to a point. I mean, I just discovered the game and bought it. Not even finished the beta so waiting is fine. But there are people backing this game since 2014. Itā€™s been 3 years already. Depending on the initial release estimate it can be fine or it can start to get boring very quickly.

1 Like

There is nothing ā€œboringā€ about continuing to live your other bits of life while Warhorse finish this project.

If you are investing so much hope and time that you are distressed by the project schedule then you might need to look at your own priorities. This anxiety is a purely personal attachment that you choose to take on. FUD is certainly not a necessary reaction to a steady (if slow) progression.

In your opinion. Other people might take issue about spending money on something that was promised two years ago and still yet to be delivered. And they have a right to their opinion too.

2 Likes

By all means be a drama-llama, but you take that role on yourself, it is not an intrinsic part of the delivery of a relatively inexpensive niche entertainment product. Spreading FUD, or stamping feet and making demands (for news or release, or a refund) doesnā€™t make the product happen any faster or be any better.

1 Like

What is ā€˜FUDā€™?

Delays are quite common with games. And given how for many years now big publishers have continuously fucked up games by rushing them, I would rather see my money being used to develop the game to its full potential, including delays; as opposed to seing my money burnt by creating a half-arsed unfinished pile of crap.

Also, Warhorse Studio are very open and communicative, and keep us updated on the progress. So we know stuff is going on and work is being done. Itā€™s not as if they took our money, and never showed us anything for it.

1 Like

FUD is ā€œFear, Uncertainty and Doubtā€.

I am not saying it does. And I am not advocating it. I am saying people who do complain have the right to do so (their money after all) and I donā€™t call them drama lamas or anything of the sort.

1 Like

FUD is ā€œFear, Uncertainty and Doubtā€.

Thanks for clearing that up for me too

let them delayā€¦ the beta i just tried on the weekend is still very roughā€¦ crashes, animations are jaggy, the texture pop ins are pretty severe no matter what settings.

i see lots of promise in this gameā€¦ and the base mechanics are thereā€¦but unless their build is way WAY ahead of the one i was tryingā€¦ this game has a long way to go before its ready for release.

the game looks promising and im happy toi wait for a quality product.

The Beta you recently tried was a snapshot from just over a year ago. I think there is still a fair bit of work to be done, but the newer visuals from the internal builds is a lot more coherent, and the major limitations of a unoptimised AI routine, lack of robustness of quest, crime and save/load features have all been noted as being the focus of much of the work, beyond completing the art and sound assets which were often merely placeholders in what we have seen to play with so far. This (and the immediately preceding series of incremental alphas (which were not including as many elements) was an early slice to prototype most of the systems and highlight problems early enough to maybe do something about them, rather than a ā€˜doneā€™ version which could only benefit from ā€œlipstick on a pigā€.

Cautious, because we havenā€™t seen the final results yet, but what we have been shown does look a promising advance towards a solid title.

ahh. ā€¦ thank for that, i didnt know what build version we had vs what they are developing. that would make sense. i was going to say that the current beta seems more like an advanced alpha, but it makes sense now its put into context.

i am definitely looking forward to seeing them flesh out this world. so far the little i have seen has me very interested.

HA HA HA HA! I am just getting excited about this! Hopefully soon. I heard that Witcher 4 is a YES. It has been confirmed, maybe they will come out at the same time!

Project red still has cyberpunk 2077 to finish and release:(

1 Like

Another great (I hope) game. I really love cyberpunk games.
Unfortunately after some years we have only an old cg video; no info, no release date, no pics, no gameplay sections. :frowning:

I personally perfer a delay to them pulling a no mans sky

2 Likes

Iā€™m fine with patience as a virtue, but was really hoping they throw in more update vids from their time traveling-sword-fighting-no-dragons-allowed-for-research extravaganza.

ā€œWhat is the release date? Haha. 2017. ā€¦ I can tell you a secret already in early next year letā€™s say in the first quarter of next year we are going to tell you when exactlyā€¦ā€, said Tobi in the last livestream.

So whatā€¦?

Why not ask him directly? @TobiTobsen ?

DonĀ“t trust an announcement for an announcementā€¦ :slight_smile:
They are always too optimistic.