Another week without f*** patch, good job WH!

“work on it” answer is not enough for me, so devs, stop posting this motivational phrases and do something…

2 Likes

Putting the last patch put early is why EVERYONE wants this patch now.

Maybe they need to stagger patch/updates…

Mission critical patch (possibly rushed) comes with all known quest fixes etc).
Then content patches (unrushed) that may expand on the world/prepare for DLC etc. (Again including all know quest fixes etc)

And then leave a long time before rushing a patch.

Or dont!
I get it- there is no method to the cycle of patching…

We the public demand and you are damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

Making choices for us on whether we need a patch or otherwise should certainly done with OUR best interests at heart.
Making patch notes accesable should be a priority. But only if you are willing to do them right.
Take a leaf put of AMDs book (an easy example, by no means the best), driver documentation will include a list of all known issues related.

Imagine if the service departments didnt have to be flooded en masse with reports for things you KNOW about, we would have a better chance for reporting things you don’t.

What’s odd is Rick, one of the PR guys said on his twitter that they were working on a hotfix but that was maybe a week, week and a half ago and still no patch. I guess it isn’t a hotfix anymore but a full fledged patch that will address everything. I’m still hoping that this one will finally make the game completely playable and fix the dirt and damage bug and pop in but that’s probably asking for too much knowing how bad these last patches have been…

Edit: Actually, I think he mentioned the hotfix on the KCD reddit page.

Edit 2: 6 days ago… “Hey everyone! As I mentioned earlier, we are working on a hotfix and are well aware of the issue. Thanks for all the feedback.”

2 Likes

If WH has any interest in keeping their console customers, they better start working fast on that hotfix or patch or whatever. The game should have had an hotfix ready a while ago as much as 1.6 screwed up the game.

2 Likes

If WH cannot even update properly but downgrades multiple aspects of their game with an update aimed to make way for a less than good DLC, the why the hell do they charge the same amount of money for the game as a AAA-studio? And please do not come and say that poor WH is working from the garbage mountain in the Philippines and they are so poor, they are actually programming KCD on old and used gameboys…

WH now have the money and recourses if they wished to utilize it, and by doing that they could have patched the game back to at least the same standards as the game had in 1.5

Now as a console player I am sitting with a game just as expensive as other games but while my other games work, KCD is not working as intended. I have bought indie games before and they are normally cheaper than AAA titles for a reason, if same would have been the deal with WH than I would have been more forgiving of the obvious mistakes they have made. I want my game back in playable and working order, just as it was in 1.5

4 Likes

I agree with everything you said. I’m currently playing God of war as I type this and I have to say that this game is extremely good. While I play this, I think about how much the difference in quality this is compared to KCD. True, they didn’t have much of a budget compared to other triple A studios but come on, this game has been in development for over 4 years, maybe longer. I understand when they brought this to consoles they had some problems with making it run smoothly but come on, this game is buggy AF!

I think about older and more crappier games like two worlds 1 and 2 or something similar and those may of had some slight pop in (don’t really remember) but nothing compared to KCD. They really should of took more time to polish the game than to release it on consoles at the time they did. It was a huge mistake and a complete money decision on their part. The fucked up thing is they’re working on DLC when they still haven’t addressed the games bugs. I’m sure they have people from another department working on the DLC but still, focus your efforts on the bugs because this is completely ridiculous…

2 Likes

I’m totally with ya! It has been more than two weeks since release of FtA and I can’t play the DLC, cause the very first quest doesn’t start properly. Tryed everything.
Well, all that remains is the hope for a soon hotfix.
I’m already a bit angry, but I can’t stop playing KCD, because it’s a brilliant game anyway.

1 Like

And please do not come and say such childish sentences and non logical crap! :blush:
Think realistic, one week for a patch and you will cry again. Wow that’s what everyone wants!

Cry again? So if the new patch 1.7 releases and it messes up things even more and we complain that means that we are crying because we want a quality gaming experience? Come on, think realistic. Practice what you preach…

4 Likes

Is it non logic to ask for a game that actually works? Is is no logic in asking for updates that actually improves the game instead of takes away playability? No it is not crying, I am angry that I payed full price for a product that worked well when I bought it and was intentionally destroyed by WH with 1.6 because of some “trade off” that WH still has not explained what it means.

5 Likes

Even the QA lead admits that the patches messed up and the game ran better on older patches…

3 Likes

Hope they do not forget to fix the blood and grime issues as well as the clipping of armour that became worse with 1.6

When I think about it, did 1.6 really improve anything, except of course paving the way for a half made DLC that is!?

3 Likes

Not sure. They said that the baptism by fire bug was fixed but I’ve heard people say that they still had the crashes during the runt fight.

These are the bugs they supposedly fixed…

-Henry’s trunk in huntsman’s lodge no longer has “Rob” prompt.
-Knocking out Nicholas in Cherchez la Femme no longer breaks the quest.
-Fixed bug in Nasty Habits which sometimes prevented player from delivering wine.
-Fixed light optimization that caused freezes while riding a horse for a prolonged time.
-Hans Capon no longer sleeps till Judgment Day after completion of The Prey quest.
-Killing NPCs in Playing with the Devil quest properly fails it.
-Killing executioner Hermann should no longer tank the player’s reputation.
-Guards react faster to knocking someone out and carrying the body.
-Fixed numerous bugs in quest Aquarius.
-You can no longer drink-a-port from Talmberg castle in Run! quest.
-NPCs react faster to player’s surrender.
-Standing up before dice minigame with Nightingale no longer breaks Keeping the Peace quest.
-Fixed another bug affecting bird cages in A Bird in the Hand quest.
-Guards should no longer attack player after he’s paid a fine or talked his way out of punishment.
-Crouch does not immediately trigger stealth music.

To be totally honest, something isn’t right. Either the QA team is very bad at their job or they just don’t care. It has to be one of those. How can they not see the bugs that the game has? It’s like they don’t even play the game at all while testing! I just don’t get it… Their job is to TEST and if they can’t even fix things that is right in front of their face then they need to find new QA testers…

3 Likes

If the list is true, the they did something at least. But I would rather gladly live with those pre 1.6 issues than the ones created by 1.6

Yes you are correct that WH cannot play their own game, at least not on consoles. I am as earlier mentioned totally in the clear with that console will never be able to look as nice as the PC version but this pop ins, no visual representation of blood and dirt on the armour and way more clipping between armour layers than pre 1.6 is just crazy bad. As you said, are they really testing their own product!? They should fire those testers and get testers from the forum, it is obvious that KCDs greatest fans and critics are the members of this forum.

2 Likes

Just got and answer from WH on my email. They said that it will take quite a while for the 1.7 to be released but that they will release a 1.6.2 and even a 1.6.3 update do try to rectify the bugs the 1.6 caused

So WH admitted that the 1.6 update caused the bugs.

8 Likes

Why some players still defend WH? After 6 months is game in bad condition, every day people find new bug and post it here and every day devs give us the same answer “soon”!
If tons of complainings and bad feedback is not sufficient reason for (at least) hotfix, then what?
I musst admit, im in love with this game, but patch 1.6 returned me to the beginning (i mean first version of the game) where everything is bugged. So if someone pay 50€ for game and this game dont work after six months, it is bad trade and absolutly good reason for complaining again and again and again… (calmly every day).
So do not blame me if i am angry, but games work for gamers and studios because of gamers!

4 Likes

Wikkid Ima rolli g 1.6 vanilla.

1.63 (must be close at hand…)

I can wait for 1.7 if critical fixes are inbound.
Chee4s for update

2 Likes

Question is, what will they fix with the 1.6.1? Are they addressing something specific? Hopefully it’s to fix the clothing and armor not getting dirty or damaged.

Watch, they will fix it and all the sudden you happen get dirty right after bathing at the bathhouse… Jesus…Hopefully I’m wrong. This game is the buggiest game I have ever played, seriously. I’m 27 and have played games all my life and I have played some buggy games in my lifetime but I would have to say that this game takes the cake. Buildings and peoples head disappearing, clothes loading slowly in layers, quests bug out. Man… I’m really starting to lose faith in this game. I love history and have always been a fan of the middle ages and thought this game could scratch that itch but it’s just too far gone.

Meanwhile, the director of the game Daniel Vavra thinks it’s hate speech to talk about how crappy the game runs…

1 Like

Well said! I agree with you wholeheartedly. There will always be fanboys that believes they do good for WH by denying any or even every existence of bugs in the game. Those people will always be apologetic and tell us that WH is so poor and they are programming the game in a barn.

Most people know that a game can only become better if bugs and other issues are brought to the surface and highlighted so the devs can do something about it. WH have had time and now they have the money to at least not make the game worse by patching, it should of course become better by patching. I agree, I cannot understand how some can defend behaviour that damages and destroys the game we on this forum loves.

3 Likes

I do not know Vavra and the thing about them killing them self is of course way too much. No one should need to endure being told to kill themselves. The second part though is valid, this is indeed the buggiest game I have ever played and I am 36. Ok the buggiest full price game in any case, and I tend to agree with some of that criticism you showed me that I think the Bohemians may have created a less buggy game in the 15th century :slight_smile: