Any historical texts i should read?

Was wondering if there’s any books that i could read to get me ready for the game? Of course id like something that either revolves around the events the games based off of or something that could illustrate the values of the early 1400’s.

I’ve heard people say that the The Hussite Trilogy by Andrzej Sapkowski is really good, it’s not a 100% accurate… I believe it has some fantasy elements in it. But it features the hussite wars and the characters around it.

If you want historical accurate info, try searching on the internet. I know there is a lot to find. I just don’t have any specific books or site to give you.
I usually search for the names from the game, with a lot of searching I can get some historical characters found.
Start with the kings, loads of info about them to be found. If you find a interesting event, character or place. Continue your search in that direction.

This is decades before the Hussite wars though.
I’d focus more on ‘life in a mediaeval village’ or ‘life in a mediaeval castle’ as tone/expectation setting than worrying too much about future ‘grand-scheme’ matters.

It’s actually one the most favourite books of Dan Vavra, and he said it was his main inspiration for the game, mainly for its depiction of life and politics in that time and place. So the Hussite Trilogy are definitely the best books to get ready for the game. The problem is, they were not translated to english, and I doubt they will ever be, so unless you speak a language it was translated to (I know it’s in german and definitely few more european langauges), bad luck.

2 Likes

Krzyżacy. By Henryk Sienkiewicz.

Thanks, ill be sure to look into the book.

I was just looking for the hussite trilogy and apparently theres no english translation yet :neutral_face: