Archery Contest in Merhojed

Several times when I’ve entered the archery contest in Merhojed I’ve ended up with Melichar and a guard attacking me. All the arrows I have fired were at, and hit, the archery target and nothing appeared to be in the way. Anyone else had this happen to them? I’m on PS-4
Cheers

1 Like

There is an archery contest there?!
Saw the butts but that was all.

Yes, my rep with that camp is stuck at -79

There’s one NPC that carries a vendetta against me. He refuses to let me surrender. That leaves me with 3 options:
(1) run away
(2) separate him from others and neutralize him
(3) kill the whole camp (possible if strategic)

He respawns with animus from his previous life so (2) and (3) don’t solve the problem for me.

Btw, pretty sure immobile friend from plague quest participates in archery contest. :man_shrugging:

The archery master isn’t quick to get there in the morning, but from 10-ish onwards you’ll find him and be able to get into serious trouble for hitting a target…

Yes, it happened to me too.
I, or my Henry should I say, was accused of firing arrows at people.
Was in a bit of a shock after guards started attacking.
Don’t have a clue what’s it about.
I, knowing that accepting jailtime is the easiest way to reestablish your reputation, quickly surrendered and was put in jail for 5 days.
Hey, it was confusing and irritating but at least I got my criminal trophy, or whatever it’s called.
Never went back. I don’t see it as a big deal.

Yep, glad it’s not just me.
I wouldn’t be bothered by this other than I’m chasing the King Charming trophy and don’t seem to be able to raise reputation in Merhojed or Talmberg with anyone apart from the villagers - so I definitely don’t need anything to lower my reputation.
Good to see another patch out today and fingers crossed that the game will end up as good as it deserves to be.

yep, your’re definitely not alone,lol.
I’m writing back because I noticed something today, now that you mentioned the king charming trophy.
As I’m looking into my quest log, our Henry mentions how he couldn’t do nothing for Straw’s wife.
even though i completed the quest successfully, app apparently, straws wife died.
I thought father Nicodemus was responsible for Straws house.
Not sure exactly what happened but could that have anything to do with Merhojed villagers turning on poor Henry?
I’m a firm believer that a lot of what happens in the game isn’t always exactly a bug but rather a consequence of how/ what we do in the game. I was also buged, so to speak, that after the pestilence quest, my reputation in Merhojed was only 43.
Hmm.

Hi, I suppose it could be the time to get back with the remedy or the brewing of it.
On the plus side even for saving everyone I think you only get a +1 on reputation.
Villagers seem to respect someone who haggles and then pays far too much for their shopping… so buy high and sell low!
There also seems to be a bit of a delay on the reputation spreading - which fair enough.
Getting any change to the reputation with the soldiers is still baffling me though. Some sources have said it’s through encounters with bandits and wayfarers - although details are vague as to whether how you deal with them has differing effects. I also don’t seem to be having many random encounters with bandits or wayfarers anywhere.

Erm is this the one where your ment to fire the arrows at the logs floating down the river and NOT at the actual targets?

nope The is at the horse ranch that was attacked and burned

Pretty sure they thread is called https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/archery-contest-in-merhojed/57231...the horse ranch that was attacked is in neholf

1.5 fixes the perpetual hostility of one of the aggrieved NPCs. My rep immediately jumped from -79 to 19. traveled there to check and nobody tried to escalate. thx @WH_janrucker and crew!

btw, still don’t understand why this camp is still operational after the capture of Talmberg (eg during Seige/Rocketeer)… picking up camp and relocating to one of the still open spaces around Talmberg would make more sense

2 Likes

No guys. Outside the village or town of Merhojed, where the soldiers set up a permanent camp.
The camp could be there from beginning of game, I don’t know.
It’s where Radzig sets up camp, waiting for Henry to come back with scouting report from nest of vipers main quest.
There’s an archer range there.

Then what about the archery butts in the far corner of the farm at a wall near the road?

Are you thinking of Neuhof?

1 Like

No I get where he’s talking about now outskirts of merhojed where you meet radzig and his men

yes, It was there. 2 buts and nothing about them.

Yes, at Neuhoff there is also an archery range.
In back of the stud farm.
The only time I know though that it comes into play is during the " sheep in wolf’s clothing " side quest.
But, as far as I know, there is no archery master hanging around there where you can initiate an archery contest.

We were talking about the one just outside Merhojed.
As far as I know, there is one with an archery master where you can do an archery contest only in, Ushzits( if I spelled that right) , Rattay and the aforementioned Merhojed.
Ledetcho has the chump competition which is a bit different.

1 Like

Seems to be fixed with 1.5. Good news.

This still isn’t fixed for me in 1.7.1 :confused:
I’m playing on PC.