Are game breaking bugs still an issue?

This game looks amazing but I’m hesitant to buy because of the reports of game breaking bugs regarding the story quests. Have the major game breaking bugs been addressed, or should I wait longer to buy this game?
I’m a computer gamer. I appreciate any feedback.

VidMate Photomath TextNow

Yes. The only bugs left are really tiny and very rare.

Look on posts in this category and draw conclusions

1 Like

Some of these are not devs issues tho.

There are still bugs, mostly technical glitches, but I haven’t had any quest-related bug. I haven’t finished the game yet, but I’m close, and have completed a lot of secondary quests and tasks besides the main one and the experience has been smooth.

There are still some reports of anoying bugs (as the trainer freeze) that make some players lose some time. I haven’t experienced any of those, but they still exist. Anyway, they don’t block quest progress.

The worst issues seem to be tech-related in PS4 players, but if you are on PC and have a good enough machine, you should be able enjoy the game. I know I am, this game is giving me the best gaming experience of my adult life.

5 Likes

This game hasn’t really been improved at all

2 Likes

Wait longer. Trust everyone else but that guy named Kirksty. He’s what we call a Troll. He will go back and forth on the game depending on his moods. Lately it’s been praising the game.

Patch 1.7 is coming really soon so check the forums afterwards to see if it’s stable or not and if it broke more things. I was one of the first people to report the no dirt or damage bug on the forums after 1.6 dropped.

I’m going to start a new game when 1.7 drops so any bug I encounter, I will post in the forums. Though I love the game for what it tries to do, I’m no blind fanboy so you won’t see me blindly praising the game when it obviously has problems.

Edit: Actualy, credit goes to Ealdstan for reporting the no dirt or damage bug very early.

1 Like

This comment is based on a streaming data issue that showed up with the 1.6 version, making the game have graphical issues that had gone away (for many) for a few versions.
The fact that the devs knew about it guarantees it to be focused on (and ideally dealt with) with 1.7, shortly.

The gameplay and quests seem to be in a psuedo reliable and playable state.
(Game may require a reload from time to time)

Id avoid the newly launched DLC for a bit as it is the main lack of polish that is thorning this games side at the moment.

Ive been on PC since launch and have had a great ole time. Game has been consistanly perfect in its execution (very reliable- warts and all).
I recommended it then (to certain people), but suggested some users hold off.

If you were the sort who only buys one game a year- I would honestly say ‘hold off for a bit’ (it might be better to make it your next game) as we have no idea how the studio will handle DLC releases and how turmultuous the game might become, in that environment.

On PC this game is a fantastic showcase of modern hardware.
From a hardware perspective I’d recommend greater than a four core processor. High end i7s are the minimum Id roll with. On the drive front- 7200rpm high quality drive (or a non ‘consumer cheapie’ SSD).
They are big contentions to keeping it all flowing well.
Most PC games have had agnotism to processor and drive tech for many years- KCD makes hardware relevant, system pushing only as well as the weakest link allows.

That said- I see tonnes of gamers, going back to Marathon (bungie, aka Halo) on a Mac in the mid nineties, that are ‘playable’ at fifteen frames per second.
Heck ‘Descent’ on playstation was happy with 15 frames per second.

If ye into historical accuracy- the games codex might keep ye entertained long enough that the worlds hardware catches up.

Crysis on launch was hard to make run Ultra.
Witcher 2- no one turned on ubersampling (on release).
In time this games hardware requirements will be easier to obtain.
My day one crysis disc and the witcher 2 (witcher 1 discs needed a reissue due to data fragmentation that patching introduced amoungst other reasons) are still used…
Kingdom Come makes for a great title that new systems will want to revisit.
Buying now allows ye to join in whilst the hype train is still moving and the fan base is strong.

In 1.43 I had one bug which led me to quick death, second with endless loading, another times I’ve been stuck in the bushes, sometimes I could get out by slashing, jumping, crouching, shooting. In 1.6 sneak animation failed and I punched enemy without punching him and unlocked chest without being at its lock, I ran further and game stopped loading flora, then another endless loading. Apart from 1.5 many visual (headless NPCs, hole in Henry’s head, Sasau Church lights) and sound bugs (Sasau monastery in/outdoor, missing German voice lines) and animals headbanging objects, my game was playable, I am playing second game but no mods. Those are currently incompatible.

1 Like

Huge improvements have been made, but combat against multiple enemies is still bugged, so it’s persuasion. Most of the quests work fine, but some of them do not update correctly or the chain randomly breaks ending in some weird state not reflected by the journal. All in all in 1.6 the game is playable, but it’s not polished and will require a lot more work to make it so.

2 Likes

Most quests seem to have no problems. Howefver the Birds Nest one is still broken. I deployed the nests
where indicated, but now they are all under the hunters house back in rattay and there’s no way to get
to them. Also the Queen of Sheba mission is broken IF you fail to give Pickman a job.

No! There are 6 pieces, but you need only 5. :slight_smile:
You can finish the sword without Pickman.

It is fixed, and if you have started the quest before with an old save they reseted the complete quest, to give you the chance to finish the quest now.