Are modern PCs too weak for beta forest?

Performance was possibly the only reason for removing and replacing the beta forest with a more “console game” looking forest. But today we have 8 or 12 core CPUs with 16 or 24 threads and 4,5 GHz on all cores. We have 16 GB DDR4 RAM, a 64-bit OS and modern Turing/Navi graphic cards. So let the console version have the current forest, but make the PC version looking better please. Don’t understand me wrong. The game looks very good on PC, but when I see the beta forest, I feel even more immersed.

You could even experiment a bit and maybe add and polish it for a patch 2.0.
Thanks

1 Like

Even i7 8700k on 5Ghz is not enough, ofc high end pc can handle better graphics but not stable 60fps and game uses 6 cores. It doesnt matter how many extra cores u have. Go play with max settings and tell how is ur fps indoors and in towns like rattay. With i9 9900KS and rtx titan/2080ti u should get pretty stable fps in 1080p but that kind of hardware is super expensive.

Who needs 60 fps? 30 are smooth enough for a RPG.

1 Like

I think it was compromise and I am thankful for that cause I am not going to buy beast PC just to play one game. Furthermore, consoles had to get more downgrades as they were not ready for KCD and devs are waiting for new generation of consoles to release their next game. The fights like Pribyslavitz or Talmberg would be very demanding as my new PC struggled with consistent FPS. They even planned to make 100 people in battleground at the same time, that they showed in the Skalitz attack custcene after all but they simply could not make FPS consistent. If you followed the progress they were optimizing game with very low FPS some half a year before release. So it was quite lucky we got what we have.

Imagine Mount and Blade in the forested area. I played it on my old PC and game ran great everywhere expect of hills and trees. The battles there are really huge and even Total War Games. You need to check out, those games are old and you can not get consistent FPS in those games with modern gaming PC… so better be tolerant towards what you get.

If I remember correctly the performance issues didn’t come from demanding graphics in the Beta, but from the AI. There was a way to disable AI in the Beta and the game run smooth as F. Maybe we can get an Forest DLC upgrade later on for PC. Or modders can di it, when tools are available.

1 Like

The version with forest and vegetation from the beta version should be, can do this optionally as a setting for powerful systems. I would have enough 25fps for a comfortable game. Playing in the beta version looked amazing and much better, it would be great if the whole map was so beautiful.

1 Like

Now Warhorse Studios has a large team and resources, it would be nice if they implemented the forest and vegetation from the beta version and optimized it. The game would be perfect.

1 Like