Are there Daggers in KCD?

Has anyone found a dagger? and can you dual wield??

There have been examples shown and discussed of dagger attacks and takedowns. Nothing in the Alpha or Beta versions yet though. It is supposedly part of the final stealth system as planned.

Not sure if you can dual wield, but I’d prefer a buckler (if civilian) or shield (for war) over a dagger/knife anyway. The knife is a back-up if your sword is dropped, out of reach, taken or broken. Later styles with rappier sometimes used a dagger in the offhand, but longsword is better with two hands, and short hilted swords with a shield (both half-sworded against armour).

Thanks for the info, not to fussed on Dual wielding although it would be fun in 1 on 1 combat, but would love a dagger for take downs so that’s exciting news.

We will have daggers but we will not have dual wielding, this was very rare and not really used in usual combat. More someting for a duel.

3 Likes

Thank you, really looking forward to the final release, amazing game!!

We had much hilarity with “dagger vs longsword” drills at class this evening.

They did work quite well in the drilling context, but I don’t think it would turn out well in free sparring… at least not reliably.

The drill I was doing in the first hour was more convincing… longsword vs longsword and a master cut wrath hew from an offline step to take and hit in the same cut against any right handed cut. I can see that being effective a significant proportion of fights if done well… and leaves you with the intiative and advantage in the bind even if it doesn’t actually land on his head.

1 Like

Hopefully final build will have backstabs and maybe stabbing enemies if they are grounded.

Did mailbreakers exist back then and there?

oh, i think you can count on this.

though I am not exactly sure about this, I think this is also planned.

@DrFusselpulli DrFusselpulli I can’t dual wield? I cant use a dagger in combat? I read that you were able to be any class you wanted, the class I always play in RPGs like this is a stealth based rogue who uses dual wielding in combat, usually with a dagger and sword or 2 swords or 2 daggers, so I cant play the game with the fighting style I always have, thats one of the most important things to me next to character creation, how am I supposed to fully immerse myself in a world if I’m not ME, I’m someone else, and ME doesn’t actually affect the world at all, just Henry, I was able to overlook that but knowing that I can’t fight the way I’ve always fought in every RPG ever now severely dampens my opinion of the game entirely, I may as well return it, because sword and shield is literally the fighting style I’ve always hated the most its boring and normal, I beg of you please change at least the dual wielding and dagger thing whether it be a dlc or anything else I don’t care, but i yearn to fight the way I want not the way I’m forced to, it could even be a skill I must work to learn I don’t mind just, please, I cant be the only gamer that feels this way

Also, as a side note, I can buy a hood, I have bought a hood, but the wiki says it covers my head, and its not covering it and I’m extremely confused as to why…
In summary all I’m really saying is that a dagger and a hood exist in the game, and since they do exist, why on earth can’t they be used? Or at the very least, how in the heck do I use them?

Sorry, no.

No, the dagger is only a support weapon.

You have to level up your stealth skill (to 5) then you need the right Perk.
After this you can use Stealth Kill (with the dagger)… to kill fast and loudless…

@Aceus I don’t know how you thought that you could be a “stealth based rogue who uses dual wielding in combat” in a game whose main selling points are realism and historical accuracy. Maybe you know nothing about history? In that case, I’ll give you some information. Dual wielding has never been used in historical combat. The sword and shield that you hate so much were used all throughout the Middle Ages, along with a plethora of other weapons which are available to use in the game.

So if you want “dual wielding” with fucking swords and daggers then this isn’t the game for you. Do some proper research the next time you want to buy a game. Don’t go to the forums and complain like an entitled, pathetic twelve year old that the game wasn’t made exactly to your needs even though you could have easily found that out before wasting your money.

LOL at this guy complaining about not being able to dual wield in a game like this. Come on.

not never, just likely very. very rare
and we know two swords were used in duels
and rapier and dagger was definitely very prominent in the renaissance, going so far as replacing sword and bucklers