Are they going to change/fix this?

https://gfycat.com/ReasonableEverlastingFlies
Have seen it in a lot of other games (ex. Far Cry 4)
I really like the water but I hate this reflection bug :confused:

1 Like

As far as I know this is a limitation of the cryengine, and only thinks can be mirrored in the water which are actual visible on the monitor, but @Woody is the expert here.

That would explain why I see it in Far Cry aswell (Dunia Engine is based on the Cry Engine)

Yes, you can see about it here, it is called screen space reflection:
https://www.cryengine.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=355&t=133008

That’s sad :confused:
I would rather disable the reflections…
The reflections are nice but I really dont like how they disappear.

Two other things. Is it possible to change my forum username? Will there be an update for the Beta before the game gets released?

WH devs has said, in a recent twitch stream I believe, that the Beta would not be updated.

Yes, this is true, there will be no update for the Beta because we are busy making the final version.
And it is possible to change your Forum username.

Where can I change it? Do I have to talk to the support or something?

I am the support, you can just say here which username you want to have, it is not that it will be a secret or something :slight_smile:

As somebody mentioned already, there is a screen space reflection. It’s cheap and good looking. Unfortunately it can reflect only the pixels visible on the screen. If there should be reflected something that is not visible somewhere on the screen, the engine has to show a predefined environment cubemap instead. Hence the blend into the env. probe as the camera looks down to the water and there is no more grass and houses visible on the screen that could be reflected in the water. A real reflection would mean to render the scene several times (at least twice for a scene with a perfectly flat water surface) and that is very costly.

5 Likes

Okay :smiley: Could you rename me to “Krazon”

Sure I can :slight_smile:

Thank you for this answer @Woody :slight_smile:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe they should add a low res real reflection while you look at the water and the cheap ssr while you look across the lake or something.
I am not sure if that is what crytek did in Ryse: Son of Rome but there I can look at the water and I still can see reflections and if I look up I can see how a SSReflection comes in. But it is not that much noticable this way than the way it is in KC:D.