As lockpicking isn't sh*tty enough

I’m willing to bet his Henry isn’t high enough level, the game said he cant pick it and he’s trying anyway…I’ll put money on it lol

well to be fair i was picking very hard locks an hour after waking up at the mill by leveling my lock picking to 6 and getting the 2 perks i mentioned above. also you only have to get to u only have to level 5 levels cause u can buy 1 from the miller if u have the coin. im not sure if this works on consoles. but that easy box the miller has u pick when hes training you, well i picked it like 8 times maybe more maybe less but after picking it once i ran away like 20 feet not far then came back and it would be re-locked and id pick it over and over until it stayed open. that also got me a level up.

1 Like

lolol my point of all that was , you dont need to be a high level to pick very hard locks as long has u have the know how and right 2 perks.

Is there a way you can practice this? By practice I mean like practice and not saving before you do it and load it again when you fck up. This quest I have for Miller, I could practice it on his trunk before i broke it ofcourse. I did it once but then broke it. I also broke it when trying to get a ring from Executioner. I don’t want to kill him or anything like that, I wanna do this right. :wink: Also, I gotta find someonr who sells them lockpicks. This things are expensive af.

all you have to do for the millers chest is pick it, open it, close it and look up or turn in a circle (just have to look off it and then when you look back it’s locked again)…10 times or so before it’s just permanently open

1 Like

sry man, im pretty sure there no box to practice on i think that box that peschek trains you on is the “training box” maybe thats why it lets you pick it so much. i think only 3 people sell lock picks in the game Miller Woyzeck, Miller Peschek and the trader in talmberg. if your on console i herd its alot better to pick locks with vibration off. https://www.vg247.com/2018/03/01/kingdom-come-deliverance-lockpicking-guide-how-to-lockpick-where-to-get-lockpicks/

ps- trust me, dont kill the excutioner. u can pass a speech check and he’ll give u the ring for free , you can buy the ring off him for like 20 gold or something i forgot the exact amount. Or u can knock him out while hes not looking and take the key you need. i learned a long time ago lol never ever kill an NPC with a name … for quest reasons down the line … good luck wayfarer

1 Like

i did try that lol … man it always stayed open until i ran away like 10 or 20 feet never far and then came back … im totally jealous that u can just 360 that shit lol

Thanks!

Does anyone have any advice on how to pick locks? I’m on PS4 and even the ones that are easy, I can’t do it. It starts shaking like crazy. I don’t have vibrations on.

that sucks. on xbox one, at least a patch or so ago (i ran this exploit a while ago) all I had to do was look up and then look back down lol

Practice as much as possible. I’m on PS4, and until i really put my back into practicing, I was like 1 picked successfully to 25 broken picks. I found a tip that really helped me also - put the controller on the floor, or on your knees, and use thumb and finger on each stick. Seemed to really make the difference for me. Also - try to rotate a little faster than you would normally think. The picks seem to break quicker when you’re turning slower.

PC V. 1.4.2 Having the same issue. Quest “A Good Thief”. I know the ring is in the Trunk because I accidentally killed the Executioner and decided to use his key to find the ring. Reloaded my save from before as I didn’t want murder on my hands.

Successfully got into his house, had 2 lock picks left and broke both of them on the trunk that has the ring.

Reloaded my previous save to try again…

Now the Trunk can no longer be interacted with at all. The other trunks around still can, as can the door to get in. It appears if you break a pick in a lock and then load a save it bugs the lock permanently.

Please fix this fast as debt collectors are hassling me for money !!! And it is super frustrating that this bug is even occurring and stopping me from progressing.

I think the meat of his original comment is something that happened to me, at the “practice” chest. It literally won’t even let me interact with it, so there’s no way to level up lockpicking on it. Of course, one of my main quests is completely broken, so I guess lockpicking is the least of my problems.

With ‘Ragnar’ spelt wrongly too, lol

1 Like

I didn’t even have an issue with lockpicking before they made it easier on console… Don’t get what the fuss is all about. It isn’t meant to be stupidly easy as in Skyrim.

I have found 1 annoying bug on ps4 regarding lockpicking. If I try to pick a lock that’s tight on space…say the doors above the rattay armory then Henry seems to go through the actions of picking the lock but the mini game never pops up giving you the option. My workaround was to enter stealth a little way from the doors and as soon as the option to pick the lock pops up hit it. Then wait about 5 seconds. The mini game then shows it self.

But I feel the new console players pain with lock picking but it really is about practice. I broke a controller when I first started as I was sure it was the deadspots in the sticks causing me to suck so bad at it when in fact I really did just suck so bad at that point. Buy lockpicks from trader in talmburg and from miller you stay with and just try and open EVERYTHING easy and under. Turn vibration off. First find sweet spot. Try and make it so it’s closer to middle keep leaving mini game and restarting it till you get this. Then once you’ve found the sweet spot you want completely let go of sticks. Then move left stick to a South East position. Then carefully refind the sweet spot that’s next to middle of lock and carefully start turning both sticks together. DONT RUSH. Yes it’s hard but you will get it

:joy: Jesus Christ. Sheltered much ? Hardly offensive language. Also grassed on him. You’re post reads as. You said the f word I’m telling. God I hate people who tell on people. I really do. Thought this type shit only happened in primary school.

1 Like

If the rules of the forum didn’t exist in the current form, then the forum would indeed degenerate into a primary school playground.
Of course it’s your perogative if you wish to adhere to said rules, but their will be consequences as in real life.
Not really interested in your reply so im just going to block you.

1 Like

HAHAHAHAH PMSL!
You win!

“Would offend any reasonable person” Lmao :joy:

1 Like