As lockpicking isn't sh*tty enough

So I just found a new and exciting bug to even further the case that lock picking is a fkn con. When you save a game before attempting to lock pick a hard lock (to load again in case you go through all your lock picks) you can only re-load it a few times before you completely lose the option to even try to pick the lock. Seriously it just doesn’t display anything when I look at the chest. For real, getting real sick of these bullshit bugs.

And if this was done on purpose then the developers can go fk themselves

skyrim username
complaining about how hard the game is
blaming the devs

lol

7 Likes

Maybe because your criticism isnt valid when all you’re really doing i whining like a child. Maybe be a bit more contructive than

Like you honestly think developers would do this to spite its customers? Grow up, use the correct method to report the bug and stop whining.

2 Likes

I play PC. Can’t say I found lockpicking all that hard. Can’t speak to consoles. In fact with the perk to double the abuse picks can take I almost never fail. Very hard is different until level 15 or there abouts. Explains why I have 70k groschen and haven’t yet killed Runt.

1 Like

I’ve flagged your post because your language is disgusting and it would offend any reasonable person.

1 Like

Lockpicking aint hard. If you can’t use your fingers properly, that’s down to you.

on pc lockpicking got buffed to death, there is no challenge anymore :confused:

devs pls only help the console guys .

I’ve experienced the same issues on Xbox one. I don’t save at chest anymore. But I’ve leveled up enough to pick hard chest. I can open most very hard chest with a padfoot potion.

Yes i play this game, and? Get some manners.

People don’t have to be subjected to your vile trash talk while veiwing this forum. There are rules here you know. If you dont like that. Take a hike you wont be missed. And close the door on the way out kid.

Gonna just mute you. Waste of time

1 Like

I´d say, Anty we don´t need you to play the white knight of manners. We got community managers, if you think his comment is offensive then just flag it as offensive. Saying something isn´t valid because of the way it is written is silly. It means you ignore the message which may be valid.

I agree with this topic. Lockpicking is tedious a these tricks or bugs are very annoying.

1 Like

Yep, honestly it’s so easy I don’t even have to try, they could as well remove it, it doesn’t have any purpose as it is.

I never said the essence of the post was invalid, just the lanquage used. And i was replying to his comment to me. Not sure where you fit in.

1 Like

I play on Xbox and I think it’s good now. Maybe a touch on the easy side. But I’d rather not go back to impossible locks. I can normally open very hard locks with a padfoot potion. But I’ve come across a chest in the forest that’s impossible to open. It’s very hard, and I used probably around 15 picks and couldn’t open it.

Some locks are just impossible to open without potion or before your lockpicking skill has reached a certain level, I think the game actually tells you that before you try, just don’t bother and return when you’ve increased your lockpicking skill.

I think I have opened pretty much every lock in the game on ps4. Once I leveled up my picking decently it really isn’t that hard. If you are on consoles make sure you ‘reroll’ the lock by closing it and starting again until you get a sweetspot next to the center and it becomes much easier to hold position while you rotate.

1 Like

PC was never buffed there guy, it never changed from day one, accept for the new look of the locks which makes it easier for everyone. but other then that on pc lockpicking is as easy as it was on launch. it was never that hard on pc.

Ok but have you tried practicing though? :joy:

“This game is too hard…god damn bugs!”

Go play something else I guess

1 Like

im going to just pretend and hope this guy is worth the reply and isnt a vulgar baby and is seeking advice or help, now with that said.

across all platforms you can open very hard locks by level 6. with the perk that makes lock picks stronger (1-lasting locks) and the perk that makes it 30% easier to open locks when drunk but a little noisier(2-luck of the drunk) , disregard the noise part because it never gets me caught. its very easy running around opening very easy and easy to get to level 6 in lockpicking in this game. and in my opinion its harder on consoles but not as hard as you make it out to be.

i watch lots of streams of this game and i see console players pick locks all the time. with some practice if ragnarthered still is unable to pick locks even after the devs made it easier with the new interface then it is probably him. … and in this game almost every lock has a key.
what level are you in lock picking? if your really that bad at lock picking then you should be trying to be a master at pick pocketing . you can always pick pocket the keys you need or just knock out a guy and take the keys never having to pick locks. i think you might have to pick one lock here and there but to my understanding, if u dont want to pick locks you dont have to because most of the time theres a key you just have to be smart and know where to look or how to get it. hope that helps.