Backer Only Section

I think we need a Backer Only Section to the forum. There are a lot of non-backers complaining about how this game works and trying to force changes. In my opinion only the people that funded this project ought to have any sort of meaningful say in what happens. Everyone else just bought a product, if they don’t like the product they can get a refund. We on the other hand, funded the project, because we saw this as a game for us. Vavra had a vision that we stood behind, that vision should not change because a bunch of people this game was never intended for decided to try and ruin it.

So yes, let’s have a Backer only section where backers can discuss topics about the game absent all the people this game was never intended to please.

“I backed the game, so I deserve my own section”

How about no?

Absent all the people this game was never intended to please.

You mean all the people who didn’t back, right?

2 Likes

Non-backer here, so are all backers level-headed and reasonable, and perfectly happy with the current state of the game?

1 Like

Hey, we are just a group of silly people believing in not existent game and spending money on it ridiculously sooner than any sane person should. Backers. No elites. People buying game now are spending on it much more hard earned money than majority of backers, so they have the same right to be happy or upset as we do.

2 Likes

your larger point appears to be backer feedback should get special due attention. sure why not. wouldn’t just limit it to just having a backer only forum.

hope you don’t mean that others late to the KCD’s SDLC* (eg, a nonbacker who just recently found out about game and pre-ordered as soon as he/she could) should have no voice. most of the 1.000.000 or so purchases have been made by non-backers. many of them will be the source of WH’s future revenue stream

while i don’t agree with with the sentiment that backers should have more of a say, i would actually like a backer only section to hide in, because let’s be honest this forum has taken a massive nose dive in quality of threads since release.

1 Like

I would say the Backers definitely deserve their own locked thread. Without them, there would be no game. I would also say, everyone else is a quasi-Backer is who paid full price (hopefully well aware of it’s current state) for a product that is still in development on the hopes that it turns into something great.

As an earl ( I seem to have “paid” more than most people have done since most people bought the game for $60 and I backed $100/€75) but I don’t really feel that I’m more special than others or should be more privelieged than others because of that. I choose to do this because I believed in the game idea and hoped it would be released.

I got my “special” thanks for chipping in some extra coins in this form: Special edition box with Art book, Poster, T-Shirt, Dice and Commemorative Brass coin + Access to the Alpha version of our game + Physical (digipak) as well as digital copy of Act I + Game soundtrack on CD + Making of video on DVD + Printed manual + Access to our forums + Earl forum badge

My opinions on the game I got to voice long before the huge mass even got to know about it; so my influence has already been done, along with the other backers that gave feedback to the developers over the years. In other words, our opinions has already made changes on the game and hopefully we made good changes. I hope WH don’t let all the loud and negative feedback they get affect their judgement and change the game for the worse.

1 Like

I’m currently in the process of ramping up on the modding side of things for this game.

I’d stop and go elsewhere if this were to happen. It’s a ridiculously entitled idea and I’ve got no time for communities like this.