Backer Satisfaction Poll

Haven’t progressed enough in-game to know how I feel yet, but can’t complain much right now, while the lack of manual saving is annoying purely due to the game being quite bugged (It’s just come out bugs are to be expected, textures not rendering, lips out of sync etc etc…) but it is incredibly frustrating if the game crashes and you lose a good 30mins or more of progress because you can’t manually save/don’t have any schnapps left.

With the physical items sent though? Quite dissatisfied to be honest, the quality of the items sent in the physical editions seem to be quite poor and certainly not what was originally advertised to backers. While I might be able to understand that developing a game means lots of things change including costs, however in my opinion to those of us that back the game on kickstarter originally we certainly didn’t receive what was originally promised.

• The sword seems very poor quality and with no personalized inscription
  • The figure is not the one advertised on kickstarter nor their video update
  • The t-shirts came in a generic size after allowing people to originally choose what size they wanted
  • No signed poster
  • No metal box (personally not fussed about this one but a few people do, also the cardboard box was ripped to shreds on the inside)
  • No copper engraving print

I’m sure I’m missing more things but this is all I can think of right now that was originally promised but either not delivered on or of poor quality.

1 Like

I,m a bit dissapointed… just picked up the shipment at the post Office. Went home, being very courious, opend the box… well, first Impression was WH did a good Job in terms of the logistics, seems that almost all backers received the game at the release day. But now it comes… the paper box is damaged inside, the very weak paper was not able to hold the Content in place duting shipment. Wasn’t it promissed to get a steel box !? I ordered the t-shirt size XL and received L. Backed as a duke September 2014. Now i have to wait several hours to get the actual patch installed. Somehow i feel a bit used, didn’t got what was promissed in 2014. Let’s see how the game performs at the end. Didn’t played Alpha and Beta very mucht since I was afraid of being to much aware of the content in advance.

Have to be honest I’m a bit dissatisfied as mentioned elsewhere, no metal box, Tshirt doesn’t fit (need XL), no signed poster, no printed manual, statue is extremely small.

1 Like

Im pretty disatisfied, I king tier back this, So even if im missing the signed poster, Printed manuel, and making of DVD I think i have every right to be. I spent 600 bucks on this game i think its fair to want Everything im supposed to get. Also If some one could correct me on this, the “original copper engraving” that king tier was supposed to get on the Kickstarter page, is it the piece of paper in the clear evolope in the bottom of the box?

I also expected the copper engraving to look a bit different, but then I read the detailed description on Kickstarter:

Copper engraving: This will be an original, numbered, 6" x 8" print made from copper plate in limited quantity. It will feature a motif from the game.

So I think this may be just a misunderstanding and different expectations on both sides.

I see, it just seemed like a peace of white laminated paper with an engraving though. but at least I know now.

Dont forget no printed manuel or making of DVD

The game itself is looking pretty good, and I’m kind of used to games being in beta condition on launch day.

Wasn’t impressed at the way the Linux version was jettisoned, and I’m going to be really pissed if we don’t get decent modding tools.

1 Like

What can I add …

No metal box is a huge deal to me, since I collect Steel Book game cases, the statue according to this thread was changed from the originaly shown on kickstarter … But I wouldn’t know, my Duke Tier has not been shipped yet…

I filled in my adress years ago, when you could still pick shirt sizes, but to this day there is no shipping link on my profile. Wrote an email to support 2 days ago, still no answer…

So yea, I pretty much created this Account just to vent on the forums (though I am pretty sure I created one way back when the kickstarter just ended…)

Changed my answer to Content after finally receiving support.

Content.

Amazed at what the devs pulled off. Amazed at the world they have created. But 2 serious downsides for me: the absence of normal saving and the counterintuitive and inaccesible combat. The first is going to be adressed, I hear. The second is here to stay.

As what I’m going to receive as a backer: i don’t care. I got a game that is much more impressive than I had imagined.

1 Like

:thinking:

Got my physical reward on time (which was a first for any Kickstarter I backed), so great job there. Too bad there’s no Linux release (yet, or ever, who knows), so went with “content”.

I can’t really be satisfied with the rewards despite the game itself being very enjoyable. I didn’t get a physical manual as promised or a making of DVD (I know its supposed to come later, but we’ll see if its an actual DVD…). The lack of physical manual is especially disappointing as the information in the in-game codex would have made a superb manual with its historic information - I personally can’t really be bothered to read such in an in-game format. Also I noticed that the map on the back of the poster is actually cropped off significantly from the right, it doesn’t even contain Neuhof at all making it kind of useless also (I was using it to try to find the locations of the treasure maps).

I can understand that many kickstarters run into problems due to running out of money and that is the risk you take with kickstarter, but for WH that didn’t seem to be the case and I would have expected them to deliver on their promises.

The game itself is still great though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve pledged as Earl during the very first week and waited this game for a long time. I’m not at all disapointed (even with the bugs issues, well that is unfortunabely a more and more current problem with games those days…)
I’ve received the box the day before the launch so it was pretty cool for timing! Like others I must say I was a little disapointed to not find a physical manual as promised on the kickstarter page, but mostly because there wasn’t news about why the physical manual wasn’t made (or I didn’t find said news…). Anyway, great object, thank you again, it’s been years since I’ve had a physical game in my hands, haha!
Over a hundred hours of gaming thus far, just made the first siege, I’m enjoying this game a lot! And as a avid fan of History, thank you a lot for this jewelery of medieval immersion!

PS: small thing but I still don’t know why my backer badge or whatever doesn’t show up in my profile here… Did I miss something?

1 Like

UPDATE POLL CLOSE DATE MARCH 12th 2018

Sums up the game

am not a backerI heard about this game 20 days before its release so I didn’t know what to expect and I didn’t know what contents are in the game, then when I played it, it was really good much better than I expected so I did a research on WH and then found out what they have been through, what really shocked me was that the games budget was only 5m $ I still cant understand how can game this big and this immersive only cost that much while a game like Skyrim costed 85m$ so I praise WH on what they did with that little resources they had.

sure the game need a little bite more polishing and bug fixes and some stat re balancing but its pretty normal for any games this size to have bugs on release in time it will be all fixed.

3 Likes

Skyrim worked, this game doesn’t.

I don’t see it that way, when I play the game I can clearly see that they put there heart and passion into the game, they really cared about there game.

2 Likes