Bad audio : stuttering and crackling

Hi guys,
I don’t usually post on forums as i always try to solve issues myself… but right now I don’t know what to do.
I bought the game two weeks ago and absolutely love it.

One thing that constantly spoils my experience though is that weird crackling / Ticking / Stuttering audio.
Whenever the volume seems to go high or when I go to cities and such, the audio is all over the place like it’s too much to handle.

I’ve tried two different headsets, one plugged in 3.5mm in the onboard audio card, and another plugged in USB. Both give the same issue which, I guess, would rule out a faulty audio card ? (since USB headsets don’t actually use the onboard audio card)
Outside of the game, I have absolutely no issue with sound no matter the volume or frequencies.

I run the game on this comp :

• Intel Core i7-6700K 4.00 GHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Windows 10

Fast start has been disabled on my comp. And I only have 3 DLCs namely HD Sound Pack, HD Texture Pack, HD Voice Pack - English.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot !

is this issue recordable? can you make a sample plz?

It’s kind of hard to record and I’m not sure it would actually appear in a direct recording of the game per say.

After digging a little more I found that HDMI audio was perfectly fine. My monitor has a audio jack, so I tried plugging in my headset and again, sound was perfectly clear.

One would think that the issue is related to my motherboard then ? But why would a USB headset have that kind of issue since those do not use the onboard audio card ?

I’m frankly lost and hoping that I don’t have to change my motherboard. (ASUS Z170-A)…

What do you guys think ?