Bandit Camp -Are the bandit's on an infinite re-spawn or is there a limit?

Bandit Camp -Are the bandit’s on an infinite re-spawn or is there a limit?

SPOILER VARNING

Hi! (=

-I’m on ‘The Die is Cast’ quest.
And now I’ve come to the Bandit Camp in Vranik where I’m to meet Erik.

I’m trying to clear the camp, and I’ve been hiding stealth-killed bandits by the dozen for a while now.
-Is there a specific amount of bandits in the camp, or do they respawn?

Love the game btw! ^^

as long as you stay within camp and quest, they don’t appear to re-spawn. Vanyek is invincible though (can’t be targeted like Nightengale in Rattay).

kill them as you might. it won’t impact the numbers when your side tries to take Vranik. (akin to baptism having a full lot of NPCs even after you kill all the NPCs present in nest)

1 Like

Okay, -I haven’t left the camp, only used sleep-save a few times.
I’m thinking the same thing when it comes to the quest continuing further, that the bandits will respawn.
I just want to try to empty the camp first for fun ^^
I’ve ‘blessed’ atleast 30+ bandits, but it’s hard to tell if their lines are thinning out.

UPDATE
Just ran into Combat Master Vanyek, he’s an essential(un-killable npc) .
But there seem to be less bandits lurking about now…

There is a limit.

I always kill all bandits in Vranik, except Vashek, he can’t be killed so, don’t bother with him.

Once, I killed all bandits at night then go to sleep (don’t like to leave at night). At morning one bandit respawned again, don’t know why. In fact wasn’t a bandit exactly but a sayon (recruiter). He was just sitting around anyway.

Keep it up,

1 Like

Yes it seems so! ^^
I guess it was the patrols of bandits that filled up their ranks first, so it seemed like they respawned.

Vashek is the only one left in the outer camp now, -time to begin with the inner part :smiling_imp:

1 Like

UPDATE - SPOILER ALERT

If your’e playing the ‘Talk to Erik’-quest, don’t kill Zbyshek.
Later, when you try to finish the last bit of the quest, you will most likely run into an endles loading-screen if he’s dead.

As of Dec. 18, 2018, I can certify that you can clear the entire camp :
they do not respawn when you are to escape,
but the game/story considers that it is an army and there are many more you have not killed.

Henri estimated about 100, and you can kill about 40ish in the camp (lost count really).

I left one alive : so he can tell everyone how I singlehandedly wiped the camp :stuck_out_tongue:
and wearing only my stealth gear.
For role-play, I disarmed them all and threw their food away also.

I don’t think the game considers any of that, sadly.

SPOILER : the combat trainer NPC was not there, nor Eric ; just normal guards.
I don’t think I accidentally killed the trainer.

nb: yes, I am aware you all confirmed with different words.