Baptism of Fire - PC - 1.8.2

There is currently an issue for “Baptism by Fire” ; regardless of what I do, whether it be burn all the arrows and poison all the pots and bring the greatest army or whether I burn the arrows and bring a 3/4th army. It does not seem to matter, I still receive the same message. “You have lost too many men.” even though we can pass the first wave without losing a single soldier. I do not understand. I have even taken to not fighting in order to ensure that the balance is still there but it does not matter. I’m open to opinions or options because at this point it seems as though I cannot pass this specific quest. I’ve also noticed that not only can I kill the bandits (even though I am not due to trying to maintain balance.) but I can also kill my own men. Which yes, I have even tried to cull one or two of my own in order to maintain a balance. Nothing works. The result is the same.

Kill the enemy archers. All of them. That’s about it.

What I don’t understand is that I’m not losing a single soldier. I’m not losing too many men, I have every single one of them. So I don’t understand. What will killing archers do?

It will let you complete the quest. “Why” is not the question I can answer, unfortunately.

When you say archers, do you refer to anything holding a bow or just the three at the very beginning. If it’s the ladder, do I wait till they run back or kill them as soon as possible?

Anyone with a bow and as fast as possible.

I can’t kill the archers behind their fortifications.

There are several archers on the battlements above the main fight, you need to take out those archers. You can take some out with hand weapons, there are two that you can kill with bow shots that are behind the walls, when they try to take their shots they are vulnerable.