Barbarian Enemies

Are Barbarian enemies featured in this game?!

What kind of Barbarian are you talking about? Everyone who doesn´t speek Greek? Or the Roman definition for everything east of the Rhine and north of the Danube? Well, if you use this definition then yes. In this cases you will play as a Barbarian, and you will have Barbarian enemies, everyone in the game will be Barbarian and the game is even developed by Barbarians.
But the Roman empire was already fallen by around 1000 years at the time when Kingdom Come: Deliverance takes place, and the ancient Greece Civilisation too. So not sure if this is the question you are talking about. If you talk more about Conan the Barbarian type of enemies, then no.

11 Likes

Wrong. Roman Empire still existed. Actually, there two such empires. One successor in the West, one greco-roman in the East.

removethekebab

1 Like

The byzantines had other problems than the barbarians east of the Rhine and north of Danube. And what do you mean by the successor of the west roman empire? The holy roman empire? And they called themselves barbarians?

1 Like

Celtic and Gaelic Barbarians I’m refering to basicly.

In XV century?

1 Like

That basically answers the question. @Kull1173xt, Wrong time, and wrong place. Sorry.

1 Like

My reaction was about the “the Roman empire was already fallen by around 1000 years” sentence. That’s simply a lie.

Well… yes, but the eastern roman empire missed something essential. Rome.

At first, after declaring it capital of Roman Empire during reign of first christian ruler Konstantin, it was named Nova Roma, after that it was changed to Konstantinopol.

Silently whispering in corner “just saying”…

It was changed? I think was just short name for official which was something like Nova Roma Constantinopolitana
I admit I can be just wrong

Okay okay, maybe I was bit unlucky with my wording about it. But there was a huge collapse in Roman culture around 1000 years before the game nevertheless. Generally known as the fall of the Roman Empire.
Otherwise we wouldn´t had the medieval era, and no Kingdom Come: Deliverance.
I sure agree that there was some continuation. I know about eastern Rome, althrough I am not an expert on that topic.

me neither, I just love pretending to be a smartass <3 :))) However I am not, so sometimes I run out of luck…

@swatosky I think Nova Roma was original name (maybe in official use for about year? Not really sure here), Constantin renamed it later to Constantinopolis and Nova Roma Constantinopolitana was in common use.
You broke my effort to build smartass rep, pal. So here’s one pic for ya

Yes, they are. Except they were called “knights” in the 1400s :slight_smile: