Barbuta Helmet

I was thinking if someone could make a visored barbute or barbuta helmet. It’s a 15th century Italian helmet…here’s a picture.

Most would recognize this from the game For Honor (just to point out, I’ve never played it). If modders want to charge a few bucks for the mod I don’t mind. Also the developers are adding a option to open the visor, as well as removing it. So if anyone could add that option that would be great. Also the impaired vision with the shape of the helm.

4 Likes

It is a picture of a helmet made by the company Ironfortress. What they make is live roleplay… and as such they are not trying to make items that are historical accurate.

So I suggest finding pictures of museum pieces if you want to add things to the game. This would help mare sure it fits the setting.

Very true, but it’s a mod, doesn’t really have to be historically accurate. Modders can make whatever they please. But I’ll try to find a historically accurate one.

I can’t seem to find a visored one, all I could find was the T-shaped design.

The Y-shaped design (first one is modern by the way)

2 Likes

You sure that second helmet isn’t Magnetos helmet from Xmen ? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

lol :joy: it could be

1 Like

Very nice. I would also love to see this helmets in the game :smiley:

1 Like

As far as we know Barbutas never had any kind of visors. There is one example in a museum which the helmet in OPs picture seems to be loosely based on but it’s a modern “Frankensteinisation” Have a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb1csnUeebo

6 Likes

They look very similar to ancient Greek helmets. I wonder if the makers were inspired by them

1 Like

They were actually

1 Like

Ah, good old Knyght Errant.

But you gotta admit, while the helmet is a Victorian fake, it is a pretty good idea for a helmet. You lose very little protection with the visor up. My only complaint is how stifling it would be if it had been a real helm from the medieval period.

1 Like

Though it didn’t exist historically, I have to admit, the visored barbute is the coolest looking helmet ever…of all time.
I’m sure it’ll be modded in at some point.

1 Like

I hope some one makes this. I know its not historically accurate but its so dang cool looking!