Basic horse care

I know for most people this sounds stupid but i would love it if you would be able to interact more with your horse.
I think it would add even more immersion for some people if you could implement things like:

Feeding the horse in towns
Able to to give the horse apples or oats.
Leading the horse on foot in rough terrain.
Grooming, hoofcare, Rubbing it dry with straw after raining.
Let it drink out barrels, a spring in the forest…

8 Likes

This is not stupid in any way, in fact, it is a great suggestion!
However, probably @warhorse can’t do it so late in the development. Maybe in future game expansion, who knows? But it is very sound feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

Meh, doesn’t seem a great suggestion to me. There are always great sounding ideas like that but when you implement them in an actual game you find out most of them turn into chores.

Implementing things that sounds like tedious chores in real life, so we can have tedious chores in the game aswell… not THAT KIND of realism please! :smiley:

I understand that these are tedious chores for most people. They shouldn’t be things you are obligated to do to keep your horse alive or get a stat bonus.

They could implement them like an character animation, for example like sitting on a bench, typing /dance in World of warcraft,…

Yeah, I can go for that. You don’t have to clean the mud off of your horse every half hour but if you do you have +2 charisma.

2 Likes

Nothing says “charismatic” like smelling of horse and being covered in mudಠ‿↼

If this was added, I think maybe your horse should be the one getting buffed :stuck_out_tongue:

+2 to horse’s charisma. He could buy oat at better prices, and mate some really beautiful mare :wink:

1 Like

Them ideas guys. Vavra should totally hire us.

I would totally want to lead my horse on foot, as I already saw playthrough, gamer said it is easier for him to walk on his own than in saddle. It only makes sense if we are talking about slow walk, not sprint which drains your stamina. And it feels more realistic than just whistling on your horse which teleports in second behind you. Feeding your horse is a good idea or put him to stabbles for somebody else to care about, or let him there to feed itself. You would just add some food for him. As long as human character must sleep, horse should too, developers said something about horse stats, no idea what they mean by that.

I feel like to some, yes, this may just become a monotonous chore that we don’t really want to deal with. However, to some people, like my wife, they love to do that kind of stuff in video games. I maybe wouldn’t make it a necessity but rather a bonus. Perhaps like @Jlyga_u_onacHa said, just package it in with the next expansion/DLC

Not a bad idea if it is well balanced. I can easily imagine a mod on PC witch add a global horse health that dicrease with time and can be refiled in stables by paying some groshens.