Been playing a few weeks now

@glansky

Ye it’s not for me. I like the idea of the combat system but it’s so badly implemented it makes the game just rubbish…it all feels like the right idea was there but it’s all just so poorly done the game just barely hangs together. I
This is my second attempt at this game. Sorry guys, but it just sucks. The attempt at realism is admirable but that’s not what’s wrong with this - it’s the ability to make a game.

Have you tried Atom RPG? It is a Russian version of Fallout, no voice acting but is a fun game with great (IMO) story. The combat is turn based if that is something you like, if not then ignore my recommendation.

Besides the bugs, the only agreeable complaint here is the combat lock on, which I’ve never liked. Lock on does not make fighting multiple enemies “impossible”, though, just more difficult, which can get frustrating at times.

Loading times are a non-issue on a PC with an SSD, preferably M.2 NVMe SSD. Using mouse and keyboard, controlling horses goes nimbly for me, including the default unenhanced horses.

You may be just missing the main things… 1. it is the medieval age and all is dirty, uncomfortable, hard and punishing, so YEAH, of course the battles at the start are hard or almost impossible. 2. You WILL GET USED to the battle mechanics if you play more and surely now at the start I DO NOT THINK you should fight more than two enemies at once… When Henry learns to be a better warrior - he will be and all will be eaiser ! 3. The horse riding in rough terrain might be not cool at all, we know that… 4. Remember - you might win the game just by skipping fighting, in a very small amount of quests the fighting is mandatory, you might use diplomacy, theft and lockpicking and so on, to solve the qiests.