Best time to deviate from main quest?

I am at ginger in a pickle, so it’s okay to go off and explore a bit before finishing the quest? I do feel a little pressed to finish (for role play) but also would love to do some side quests.

There are bandits after him, it is better to wait once that quest is cmpleted, and before going to uzhitz.

1 Like

It was the point I used to wander off MQ line for awhile. I still got to look/kill pursuit/find ginger later

At the start. You are free to do what you want any old time. I spent a long time and didn’t even do much of the main quest until 1000hrs!

Except to learn the fancy attack and defense moves from Bernard. A minor point but there.
Only get them after Neuhoff

2 Likes

@serk - Thank you for the reply. I did finish off the 2 suspicious fellows and rescued Ginger.
@longshot300mag - Thank you for the reply. I reported back to Bernard and got some more training. He gave me a dagger but it doesn’t show in my inventory?

I only recently purchased the game and am enjoying it immensely. It is so different from most RPGs and a very refreshing change.
edit- I am on the PS4 and am having a terrible time with lockpicking, so my Henry is an honorable person who cannot pick locks for anything. :smile:

on controller it is harder then KB/mouse. I am told it gets easier with the raising of skill. Although I stick to KB/mouse and put down my xbone controller for it.

to me, there are 3 best times:
(1) before meeting up with Radzig in Rattay
(2) after wiping out the enemy encampment in Pribyslavitz
(3) before entering Vranik

1 Like

I agree with the three above, but would add right after getting quest from Radzug to scout/sabotage the bandit camp/Pribyslavitz. Moving quickly through the MQ with deadlines up to here. But before scouting Priby (really slaughtering and looting the Cuman and bandit garrison present), I get my Axe skill, up to 12-15 working out with Barnard, and cleaning up bandits for Bernard and Cumans for Robart. I want Axe up since in Cuman disguise in Priby, the Cuman Axe is the best melee weapon in character disguise. The sabers are not as good against even Cuman armor.