Beta 1.0 Launcher Problems

I downloaded the launcher today as in 30.5.16.

@niederath, Okay thank you. Does it work now? If not we please need to have the newest launcher log files again:

c:\Users\ username \AppData\Local\Temp\GameLauncher\ GameLauncher_20160323_131251_2507.log
(Username and Number of Logfile will be different of course)

Same for @Miller745, the logs from the old installation are unfortunately not the ones who provides the right information to us. We are on it to solve this problem. Sorry for the trouble.

The Bug on the Launcher is fixed now!

But please download the Launcher again from your profile on www.KingdomComeRPG.com and you should be able to run the Beta as usual now. Sorry for the trouble.

2 Likes

Everything works fine now, thanks!

Bug squashed! Thanks,

Hello I tried to install the game for the first time and downloaded the launcher just today.

I always get the message after the verification of my login data and after choosing to which directory to install it does not start to download and after a few minutes says that it could not download anything and i should check my internet connection.

I have Windows 7 Professional 64bit Version and Bitdefender as antivurus program. I gave the launcher an exception in the firewall and tried to start it as administrator but nithing helped so far.

This are the to logs that were created during my tries to install the game:

GameLauncher_20160601_134823_9602318.log (3.3 KB)

GameLauncher_20160601_152323_8552677.log (2.2 KB)

I hope you will be able to solve the problem, thank you.

1 Like

Thanks, I will inform the launcher programer. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your answer. Got a bit confused and answered to your email adress info@kingdomecomerpg.com, but that did not work.

I got the folloowing message to my email account from some Junior QA named Daniel:

Hi Michael,

in your case we might need a
different log, that can be located in the Temp folder. Try searching the
Temp folder for a file that goes like this: KCD_Beta_Access_xxxxx and
send us the files from your unsuccessful installation and we will have a
look.

Is that genuine or is somebody trying to get my beta access keys if i post this here?

I found the files and can post them here if necessary.

Hello Michael,

Yes, contracting info@kingdomcomerpg.com does not work because our mail is info@warhorsestudios.cz

Daniel is a Junior QA member indeed. Here in the forum he is known as @Hound, so this mail is genuine and you can answer him. This email also look like one of his, this is trustworthy and he will help you. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your quick answer.
I will send him the files.

2 Likes

Hi there,

I am getting the ā€œUnknown bundle setup 0x2ā€ error after selecting the game directory.

I have downloaded the launcher several times, rebooted, tried different HDā€™s, cleared Temp files.

I noticed there is a resolved ticket for the error already so wasnā€™t sure whether to open a ticket or not.

Log:
KCD_Beta_Access_20160705211739.log (10.7 KB)

Cheers

@grub
Thank you for your Report. Itā€™s always a good idea to create a Ticket, so the issue cannot be overlooked.
As you perhaps already knew, there could be a delay. So please have a little patience

The 0x2EFF error ticket was created by me. I got a solution under the hand which worked for me. But the launcher still have severe problems and you have no chance to get it working once you received this error - only a patched launcher would help.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for all of your hard work.

1 Like

After install the game launcher get an error message of missing MSVCR120.dll, tried to fix installing
Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013, dont work. How can i fix it?

I have created a support ticket for you:
http://support.kingdomcomerpg.com/issues/527

Now we have to wait for an answer :slight_smile:

EDIT: Take a look at it, please

The error keeps installing the VC++ 2013 redistributable 64-bit version. I tried to unistall to install again and cant install more. My logs areā€¦
KCD_Beta_Access_20160919154751.log (18.2 KB)
KCD_Beta_Access_20160919154751_001_KCD.log (309.4 KB)
KCD_Beta_Access_20160919154751_002_GameLauncherRemoval.log (82.4 KB)
KCD_Beta_Access_20160919170905.log (3.2 KB)
KCD_Beta_Access_20160919171038.log (3.2 KB)
KCD_Beta_Access_20160920100924.log (7.1 KB)

1 Like

Okay, the game worked fine yesterday now wonā€™t load. I get the opening sequence but the porcullis on the logo no longer raises and I donā€™t get the ā€œEnterā€ prompt. The screen goes black and the music plays. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Now, Iā€™ll take a few days off to play something elseā€¦Iā€™ll try again in a week or so.

Thank you for your time.

The Enter prompt gets as soon as the game is loaded, a part of the opening sequence canĀ“t not be skipped because the game is not loaded yet.

Of course the game started up with absolutely no problems tonightā€¦but last night, after trying to start the game a dozen times before and after uninstalling it and reinstalling itā€¦grrrr. I played Mount and Blade until sunriseā€¦

I want a game that runs when I want to playā€¦ Thanks for all the work, anyway. :wink: